joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2012-2013 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why people even bother reading his junk.

Who knows, this forecast could end up verifying but I believe Weatherbell forecasts for some major companies and if that's the forecast they received then all I can say is, wow, what a gutsy forecast. You could essentially lose all your clients if it turns out to be a mild Winter.

Who knows, this forecast could end up verifying but I believe Weatherbell forecasts for some major companies and if that's the forecast they received then all I can say is, wow, what a gutsy forecast. You could essentially lose all your clients if it turns out to be a mild Winter.

I think most of us are surprised that that he has any clients left at this point

I just wonder why links to his sh*t keeps appearing on the board. I should have my wife have her entire class scribble on a map with blue and red crayons and call it a winter forecast, it would be just as accurate.

Really I dont think anyone here takes it seriously at all, just entertaining

I just wonder why links to his sh*t keeps appearing on the board. I should have my wife have her entire class scribble on a map with blue and red crayons and call it a winter forecast, it would be just as accurate.

No argument there. All long range forecasts are a crap shoot basically. There might be a select few who are pretty good at it but overall you can't take it too seriously.

Really I dont think anyone here takes it seriously at all, just entertaining

I agree most likely they do think it is entertainment in terms of people from this board. What is sad is the people that are not on here who have no idea how bad he is.

Haven't seen this posted, but here's JB's fall and winter outlook (along with JAMSTEC forecast) on his twitter. For the lolz right now:

https://twitter.com/...8/photo/1/large

That's extreme! Well, hey, anyone has the right to put there long range thoughts on a map I guess. I think it's a bit premature to predict this coming winter - before we know which way ENSO is going to swing for sure.

Pretty much everybody had the wrong map for last winter! lol Wouldn't have expected that kind of winter given the signals in a million years!

That's extreme! Well, hey, anyone has the right to put there long range thoughts on a map I guess. I think it's a bit premature to predict this coming winter - before we know which way ENSO is going to swing for sure.

Pretty much everybody had the wrong map for last winter! lol Wouldn't have expected that kind of winter given the signals in a million years!

The 10-11 winter was good for many areas so it was pretty much a guarantee that last winter would not have been as good as the previous.

The last good snowstorm I've seen was back in Feb 20th? Presidents day 2011. Unreal

This swampy heat is my passion and I weenie for it. But a ripping blizzard is second for me.

Despite the absence of a 6"+ snowstorm last winter, we are still double where we should be for 6"+ snowstorms the last decade (we have seen 20 storms drop 6"+ at DTW the last 10 years running, which includes the 0 from last year when the max was 4.8"...longterm avg is 1 per season). Its a scary thought (ie we could be due for some more years in the near future without one) but Im sure the midwest will get slammed with some good snowstorms this year. The only thing I will say about last years disaster is that for about 2 hours during the late evening of Feb 10th, those conditions are all you can ask for in any snowstorm, and in fact many of our 6-8" storms never see such conditions. But 2 hours certainly does not make up for that winter.

Interesting how the big drought years tended to have less snow than average during the winter. It is a pretty small set of years though. I wonder if any of the winter outlooks are going to try to factor in the drought given how widespread/severe it is (if we don't see major improvement in Fall). It's hard to know precisely what kind of effect it will have, imo.

If I can get a snowstorms where huge flakes are ripping at 2"+ per hour rates, or we can pick up 12"+, or the lake effect snow action is hyperactive (like 2006-2007), I'll be a happy camper, even if the winter overall ends up with below normal snowfall or above average temperatures.

I

Archived