Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Thread - Summer 2012

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same. Hopefully we get rain as well.

I think the fact that we are starting to see more and more precipitation the past week or so is an indicator of a subtle change of the pattern. Not a major reversal, but a more general relaxation of the bridging between the CUS death ridge and the Bermuda high.

The long range OP's certainly give us a chance for more rolling waves to dip down and give us shot after shot of more mild air.

a couple days of a steady rain would work well, a slow soaker!

Crazy ass NAM gives us a super soaker.

I think the fact that we are starting to see more and more precipitation the past week or so is an indicator of a subtle change of the pattern. Not a major reversal, but a more general relaxation of the bridging between the CUS death ridge and the Bermuda high.

The long range OP's certainly give us a chance for more rolling waves to dip down and give us shot after shot of more mild air.

Yeah, seems to be the case. That would be great.

I don't see a whole lotta chances at rain for the upcoming next several weeks (after the storms over the next 1-3 days). Sure we get the troughiness, but where's that leave us vis a vie any moisture feeds? Few, if any of those troughs seem to be deep enough to pull up any copious moisture streams.

I totally agree in a general relaxation from the oppressive type heat (90+) as the ridge migrates out to the west and decouples entirely (or so it seems) from the Bermuda HP.

I don't see a whole lotta chances at rain for the upcoming next several weeks (after the storms over the next 1-3 days). Sure we get the troughiness, but where's that leave us vis a vie any moisture feeds? Few, if any of those troughs seem to be deep enough to pull up any copious moisture streams.

I totally agree in a general relaxation from the oppressive type heat (90+) as the ridge migrates out to the west and decouples entirely (or so it seems) from the Bermuda HP.

Euro has a couple of rain chances next week but GFS looks rather dry.

Looking at the Euro Weeklies, CFS and daily runs of domestics....the bulk of the Summer heat may very well be ova for us North of the Mason Dixon line.

...once we get through this week of course.

I'm ok with that.

I'd love to see the NAO take over and go negative for the NE/MA.

Yeah its breaking news. Heard it on the radio right before I posted.

Everybody saying no radiation was released...so I guess everything is fine.

West of me sits TMI and East sits Limerick. I am so fd. :yikes:

I toured throughout the Nuclear plant in Surry, VA a few years ago. From what I understand, it would be beyond extremely rare to have enough problems for radiation to be released, especially today.

Archived