Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central PA Thread - Summer 2012

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a link? The highest CoCoRaHS report I could find was around a quarter of an inch for both the east shore and west shore. Doppler estimates also are the same.

I saw the rain gauge next to their creeping thyme.

My gauge had .72". It could have had a bit of blow-in from my garage, granted.

Nothing worthwhile in Bellefonte. Still dry under the trees.

0.02"! Whomever had a weakening northern edge of the front as the screwing today, congratulations! You have won a patch of our drying grass!

Solid quarter inch for me.

.39 for the entire weekend. We get a repeat of that Wednesday I'll be happy. Garden plants looked happier already.

Hey, what's up with the Euro? Anyone know? What's with all the rain and cool temps this Thursday and Friday?

Yeah. The jet stream has retreated way North and there looks like there is little hope of it dipping back South over the Eastern third as continuous pieces of energy drop into the GOA and PAC NW.

Occasionally we've been getting enough amplification between the GOA and HB PV's that we get a nice troff dropping into the NE and Mid Atlantic. Yet that is only sustained so long before it and down stream blocking shift ever so slightly to allow the Bermuda and CUS ridge to bridge and bring the heat once again.

Would have to think Don Sutherland has called another one right again when he stated that the June and July heat will likely be the peak heat of the Summer season.

Just one of periods where the pattern collapses and we get a refreshing breath of cP air.

Canderson, did you ever solve your woodchuck problem? You could call the turtleman!

http://youtu.be/1eL36nQ37tI

Archived