Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2012 NATL Tropical/hurricane forecast contest

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, cool... this is interesting! Before I submit mine, can someone explain the decimal places? I was figuring it to be only whole numbers. I'm a newbie to this, so that aspect, and the scoring system, does not make much sense to me.

Thank you :)

I round forecasts to the nearest tenth of a storm, so you can guess decimals if you want. It's really for hedging your bets more than anything. If you believe there's a 50/50 chance you'll get 1 or 2 storms in June, you might go with 1.5 to try to minimize potential losses.

I round forecasts to the nearest tenth of a storm, so you can guess decimals if you want. It's really for hedging your bets more than anything. If you believe there's a 50/50 chance you'll get 1 or 2 storms in June, you might go with 1.5 to try to minimize potential losses.

Thank you for explaining :)

• 3 weeks later...

Season 13.5 /5 /2.5

June 2/0/0

I like my June 2/0/0 right now, with Chris as a gift from NHC, but based on last two posts in ENSO thread from GaWx and Mike Ventrice, may tweak seasonal numbers down a little...

Not full bore 1997, where most of the season is over by mid-July, but maybe a split between 1997 and previous numbers.

Archived