Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least its not anywhere near oppressive heat outside. Great day out there. UNBELIEVABLE crowds at carson beach/m street beach. Never in my entire life has it been like that down on the water. The young people of the neighborhood and the city have exploded the scene down there with all the improvements to the beach.

P.S. Scott, if you have never had breakfast at McKenna's in Savin Hill you are missing out. Best breakfast anywhere near us hands down. Had it for the first time today. Absolutely outstanding.

Skies cleared up nicely at the campsite. Out to grab some food for tonight. Down in westfield right now. Huge temp diff from the campsite to valley. 78-79 at camp. 88f in downtown. Damn!

76/53, a high of 78, a nice breeze blowing. Nothing torch-like in the high terrain. The poor valley, a snow hole in Winter and ultra hot in Summer.

Maybe ill check it out next time I'm in Boston and get the last name discount lol. I'm jealous of your location man, Boston is great.

It's a great place to live. Always has been. Small town feel within walking distance of one of the best cities you can find. The changes that have come into town have been great improvements. The city has gotten closer and closer with the amount of work done on the southie waterfront. Sadly I think the South Boston neighborhood will eventually give way to a new phase of beacon hill type of residency. Its just so convenient to hide from the world anymore. Such a great area to be as a 20 year old and I realize that especially now.

However, the stereotypes of people from the neighborhood is disturbing. That's a battle I prefer to always avoid. The past is largely always misunderstood.

Fingers crossed but the forecasts for my big day tomorrow have been really heading in the right direction. It looks like things might work out just perfectly to get nice mild but not hot conditions and plenty of sun.

Spectacular out there today even though it's a bit humid.

Congratulations on this momentous occasion Matt. I'm sure the day will go off with out a hitch. Umm, What I mean to say is I'm sure the weather will be great. Have an awesome time and I'll look forward to hearing about it at the next gtg.

And there, Bob, is what Pete and I try to convey--with limited success. :)

Hope you're having a great time.

So far, so good. I would hope that people here understand some of the micro-climates people have on this forum. A litle elevation out of the urban area goes a long way. Heading up 23 off of rt 20 the temp dropped like 5f in like 2 miles.

It's a great place to live. Always has been. Small town feel within walking distance of one of the best cities you can find. The changes that have come into town have been great improvements. The city has gotten closer and closer with the amount of work done on the southie waterfront. Sadly I think the South Boston neighborhood will eventually give way to a new phase of beacon hill type of residency. Its just so convenient to hide from the world anymore. Such a great area to be as a 20 year old and I realize that especially now.

However, the stereotypes of people from the neighborhood is disturbing. That's a battle I prefer to always avoid. The past is largely always misunderstood.

Well said. I have enjoyed watching your Intellectual and social development. You have a good mind and a good understanding of things for someone so young.

Great day today indeed! I really love summer! The past few years have given me the perspective of realizing that each year brings a summer of the dwindling years of my life. I intend to enjoy each moment!

Tomorrow maybe better than Monday?

I think tomorrow is great up your way, closer to the front down here, then monday is good here, while the warm front lifts north. Either day looks fine with partly sunny skies 20-30% chance of a storm or shower.

Could have been much worse, today was an absolute gem before the clouds moved in just before 3

68/56, nice steady temp drop. No concrete to hold the heat in here. Very pleasant. LOL at those that tried to spin this as a scorcher for GC.

Yep. high of 83.3 at 1450' Chester Hill and they currently sit at 68. Still 80 here at the hacienda. Nice night for a few brews and game 7 celtics-sixers.

Yep. high of 83.3 at 1450' Chester Hill and they currently sit at 68. Still 80 here at the hacienda. Nice night for a few brews and game 7 celtics-sixers.

That Chester Hill station gets some funky afternoon readings as you've noted. Stump Hollow here in Chesterfield, lower down @ 1190 had a high of 78 as was the high here (78.1). One of the owners of the Celtics is a friend of mine. He's tried to get me interested in basketball but I find it almost as boring as baseball.

Archived