EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Possible Storm event 4/21-4/23

Grothar

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS just looks crappy for most of next week...we were living on borrowed time for nice weather lol

Almost 6 months since the October storm /last nor Easter.. And here I thought the last 2 winters we would get them every other week... L ohhhh ellll!

On a more serious note, 0z GFS was way inland and dropped a 5" maxima near eastern pa/Allentown. 6z GFS is more in line with the euro. Either way, props to the euro for sticking with the big storm idea.

0z gfs was a 977mb low over the mason Dixon line, whereas the euro was a 990-994mb storm... 6z GFS is roughly 988ish when it gets near us.

Mike2010, They certainly did! If that verifies, I may have to make a trip to the Tobyhanna Airport on Sunday night to check out the fun....

Things are looking better regarding more widespread QPF. Let's see what the 12z guidance has to offer. The ECMWF has been showing a snow potential for the higher terrain for awhile now, at least on several runs. Took a quick glance back at the 00z GFS soundings for the Mount Pocono area and it appears any snow would occur mostly from about 8 PM Monday on.

Thanks Mike. That would put locations just a few miles from me into the snow, and make my work night on Monday interesting if it were to verify as such.

No problem. The details with this system are still not easy. At least the area will get some rain.

Much needed rain.

Can't wait to see the grill pic's.

Mike should actually have us over to witness it in person ;).

Mike2010, They certainly did! If that verifies, I may have to make a trip to the Tobyhanna Airport on Sunday night to check out the fun....

hehe, still have some of that home brew in the fridge.

better news : I signed up with ChaserTv a couple days ago. Might have the feed up before that event even starts.

We certainly can use the rain. Guess I'll have to crank up the mower again later next week.

After the rain, let's see what grows faster the grass or the weeds. The weeds certainly have a head start so far (unless your lawn is weed-free).

JBs latest map - he has certainly been beating this drum for the last 10 days. If it verifies nice call from a distance

Gotta realize though, he over-hypes almost all events. Obviously, when you hype most events, some will eventually be right.

The ones he's wrong about almost never get any attention.

EDIT: with that being said, it was still a decent early call. <_<

Wow at the 12z NAM!

Mike, 

If we do get a widespread 2-3 locally 5" type event to verify, you guys worried about flash flooding? With the ground being incredibly dry and rock hard, you'd almost have to see more runoff than if the ground water table was closer to normal. 

And in other news, my call of this being a more progressive system = BUST! Lol. No plans of quitting my day job. 

Archived