Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Possible Storm event 4/21-4/23

Grothar

Still flip flopping galore going on.

NAM = further south and west into PA...while ECM practically goes up to NY state , ignoring the strong high pressure it's running into.

The models have been consistent on their track (NAM west, GFS/EC east) for about 24 hours now.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relevant (or maybe not), but it seems as though the colder air and snow potential is moving east some. CTP has introduced the potential for all snow Monday night here in Schuylkill County. I'm sure it won't be much, but up until recently, it was progged to be nearly all rain for the duration of the event with only a chance of slight mixing at times.

BY MONDAY NIGHT SOME SNOW SHOWERS ARE

POSSIBLE NW OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN. A TOBYHANNA ACCUMULATION

WOULD NOT BE A SHOCKER BY TUESDAY MORNING.

wow, 2 mentions in a row . ^_^ Maybe a Grill mention next ? (alright, maybe not)

Relevant (or maybe not), but it seems as though the colder air and snow potential is moving east some. CTP has introduced the potential for all snow Monday night here in Schuylkill County. I'm sure it won't be much, but up until recently, it was progged to be nearly all rain for the duration of the event with only a chance of slight mixing at times.

surprised to see it's 37 - 38 right now. Maybe some sleet at the start.

Anyone else with the day off tomorrow thinking of doing a snow chase out to Western PA?

If the laptop didn't fry yesterday , I thought about it.

We have an absurd slight chance of seeing a good bit of snow out here (10% >12 inches), so I'll happily post any snow pictures for my Philly brethren if the occasion calls for it. Although the NAM is definitely the outlier in precip amounts (as always). I imagine in late April it is going to take a metric ton of precip to see accumulations that high.

We have an absurd slight chance of seeing a good bit of snow out here (10% >12 inches), so I'll happily post any snow pictures for my Philly brethren if the occasion calls for it. Although the NAM is definitely the outlier in precip amounts (as always). I imagine in late April it is going to take a metric ton of precip to see accumulations that high.

Comparing 12 hour NAM and RUC forecast..(for 0z tonight) RUC is sooo much slower.

While NAM a couple days ago was forecasting this slower solution. Now it seems too fast.

Quite a contrast between CTP's Tamaqua area forecast and BGM's Hazleton area forecast -- we essentially are given all rain with maybe snow showers from Tuesday.

Quite a contrast between CTP's Tamaqua area forecast and BGM's Hazleton area forecast -- we essentially are given all rain with maybe snow showers from Tuesday.

Latest GFS is more offshore, our chances could be improving. :snowman:

If GFS is right, rain / snow line here will be dangerously close. 540 line not taken for granted, since SkewT-'s are more in line with current temps.

Yeah. It's kind of funny how the neighboring offices don't seem to try and coordinate with each other with regard to their border counties.

Yeah. It's kind of funny how the neighboring offices don't seem to try and coordinate with each other with regard to their border counties.

On an O/T note, I still wish the AVPFO existed...BGM really just doesn't cut it for me. Too much distance imo...and I think there'd be better coordination if the AVPFO still existed.

On an O/T note, I still wish the AVPFO existed...BGM really just doesn't cut it for me. Too much distance imo...and I think there'd be better coordination if the AVPFO still existed.

I don't think AVP was an FO. It was just an O. O's usually generated local warnings and such, but the FO back then was probably Philly.

1.06 since last night.

more to come.

is grothar drought over?

Not quite. Only if we get another one of these type of storms in the next few weeks. The creeks will temporarily rise from this event and everything will stay green for a couple of weeks longer. We need a week full of days like today. Once this storm clears out, lets hope the pattern changes- otherwise the PADEP drought watches will still go out by Memorial Day.

Archived