• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2012 April Banter Thread

NEG NAO

I think the lack of a snow pack up north is really what has moderated the temps. The week could have been a stretch of slightly below normal temperatures had we had a normal snow pack to the north as well as some rain. Lack of snow cover and rain equals higher temperatures so I'm not surprised.

I think things will eventually normalize over the next couple months and we may very well be near normal or a bit below by the summer.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This past weekend was horrible.. Yesterday was okay, until it rained late, but overall the weekend stunk.. If anyone here likes that type of weather they should seriously seek professional help..

There's nothing wrong with enjoying rainy days. Telling others to seek professional help for enjoying certain types of weather is pretty silly. It has no effect on you whatsoever if someone else enjoys it.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying rainy days. Telling others to seek professional help for enjoying certain types of weather is pretty silly. It has no effect on you whatsoever if someone else enjoys it.

Let me be clear... Most rational people consider us nuts when we all root for snowstorm or bad weather... So there is a distinction that must be made here.. There are times I love a good rainstorm that goes along with a gloomy day.. And there is nothing wrong with that..

However, this past weekend involved no big storm, barely any rain, no wind and just generally boring, cold, useless weather.. I don't see anything exciting in that... And to "love" that type of weather would clearly make you an anomoly in any sort of situation..

Even in a normal or slightly below normal summer, we will still be 80-90 everyday with mid 90's mixed in once in a while.

Which is why I can't ever understand why people want record hot summers. All it does is make it dangerously hot to go outside and run up your electric bill.

Which is why I can't ever understand why people want record hot summers. All it does is make it dangerously hot to go outside and run up your electric bill.

And you can't do anything or enjoy anything outdoors. People must like staying indoors all summer.

Honestly, with upper 50's to perhaps low-mid 60's coming up this weekend, nobody can complain.. Ya it won't be 80 - but who cares.. It's sensible weather in April and provides ample opportunity to go outside and enjoy SPRING.. That's what it's all about.. I'm all for early spring warmth, but sometimes, normal to slightly above normal weather in Spring is just fine..

This past weekend was horrible.. Yesterday was okay, until it rained late, but overall the weekend stunk.. If anyone here likes that type of weather they should seriously seek professional help..

Totally agree. 60s are just fine for this time of year. Very comfortable.

And you can't do anything or enjoy anything outdoors. People must like staying indoors all summer.

Record heat doesn't keep me inside, it feels WAY better than standing 40+ minutes at a bus stop on a windy 30-something degree day. It starts feeling like Pluto after the first 20 minutes, I don't go numb in 95+ warmth.

Gloomy, windy, cool/cold, & wet weather (like Saturday) does keep me home though, unless I'm going somewhere that's indoors.

Record heat doesn't keep me inside, it feels WAY better than standing 40+ minutes at a bus stop on a windy 30-something degree day. It starts feeling like Pluto after the first 20 minutes, I don't go numb in 95+ warmth.

Gloomy, windy, cool/cold, & wet weather (like Saturday) does keep me home though, unless I'm going somewhere that's indoors.

How the heck could you be comfortable in 95+ degree heat?

Well for those of us that can't just run off to the beach on a wednesday I'd much rather have pleasant weather than arriving to work at 830 sweating like a pig. If you can survive 10 minutes waiting for a subway underground on a 100 degree day then you are superhuman...

There's almost always a breeze by the ocean. And you can always, ya know, go into the water.

There's almost always a breeze by the ocean. And you can always, ya know, go into the water.

No way man....alot of times the winds by the shore are calm....and the water is a great idea...unfortunately when its 52 water temp on a 98 degree day.....it can be a shock to the system

No way man....alot of times the winds by the shore are calm....and the water is a great idea...unfortunately when its 52 water temp on a 98 degree day.....it can be a shock to the system

Yea, I'm not used to how long it takes the water to warm up here. Down in VA/NC by mid May it's in the 70s.

How the heck could you be comfortable in 95+ degree heat?

95 feels good to me. I have a high heat tolerence. I probably sweat more in the winter (roasting in a coat) than I do in the summer.

If winter wasn't so inhumane and more like 2011-2012 but milder with a little more snow (10-15") and every summer was like 2010 & 2011 but with more thunderstorms I'd be in heaven.

Archived