Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late Spring 2012

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So many warm weather haters on here...Holy ****! I have never seen such hate for the heat anywhere, you guys obviously don't go to the beach much. Hot and Sun is a necessity!

I try avoid the beach during the day. I'm out at dawn for surf fishing, relaxing at dusk/night enjoying the breeze with a beer. If I go to the beach during the day, I stay in the water. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to the sun, my Swiss roots prohibit me from achieving any color other than red or white. White is less painful.

I def found out how out of shape i was with my heat tolerance doing some landscaping work this afternoon. It reminded me of how I felt back in the day after a long baseball practice on a warm day. KAOO hit 88 degrees, fortunately the very low humidity actually made for a lower heat index value. Thermometer still says 70ºF here currently.

So many warm weather haters on here...Holy ****! I have never seen such hate for the heat anywhere, you guys obviously don't go to the beach much. Hot and Sun is a necessity!

Chicks in Bikinis is the ONLY benefit of heat to me. Other than that, heat is my mortal enemy. Like I said, I do like 60s and 70s, but above 80, no thankyou. I guess that is why fall is my 2nd favorite season. I guess you could say spring provides 60-70s, but it gets ranked 3rd to me, cause its a constant reminder of snow going away for awhile and the impending doom that we call summer. If it wasn't for T-storms and heavy rain opportunities to track, summer would be a curse word in my vocabulary! I LOVE fall though because you can relax with comfortable weather, virtually no humidity, hurricanes, hard hitting football, harvest time, good wines and beer, first frosty ground,raking and leaf change, holliday mode, and the excitement of the upcoming winter weather :)

1. December

2. February

3. January

4. March

5. November

6. October

7. April

8. September

9. May

10. June

11. August

12. July

If there was a month to me that was underrated, it would be October.

I completely agree with you, on both the jeep chick and the weather.

I compensated for 124 degrees in Iraq by keeping my room at 60. I hate the heat.

I'v heard some stories from friends, ughhhh how anyone could live in those conditions 24/7 all their life is beyond me! Give me 30F and snowing a few feet deep any day of the week :snowing: . Thanks for your service!

Despite the fact we received more rain last yaer than Noah saw during the flood, the Susquahanna is at

its worst drought levels since 1946.

The Susquehanna River is “at levels that haven’t been seen since 1910 and 1946, both severe drought years,” said Susan Obleski, a spokeswoman at the Susquehanna River Basin Commission.

The state has not officially declared a drought, but the main stem of the river and many tributaries are at or near record lows for this time of year.

Obleski cited a U.S. Geological Survey analysis that shows stream flows at hydrological emergency levels in 42 of the state’s 67 counties as of Monday.

Another 10 counties are at warning levels, and another 12 at watch level. Only three are normal or above.

Groundwater levels are at emergency levels in 13 counties.

http://www.pennlive....d_its_trib.html

12z GFS looking very similar to past Euro runs for Sun-Mon. If this were only 2 months ago!

Go Flyers

Boo. The Pirates have to be envious of the offense generated in this series. Fluery has allowed more goals (17) in the first three games than the amount of runs the Pirates scored in their first ten games (16).

That is quite the cutoff bomb on the overnight euro. Most of this event would be rain though as the Euro has it. It could be a biggie for the higher southern Apps. The chance of any flakes would arrive around hour 150 as the storm is lifting out and the deep 500 low moves overhead. By that point all the major precip has lifted to the north but there is still some around. Sub 540 thickness resides over PA during the day Tuesday, so I would wager there'd be some wicked instability that day to fire up more of those rain, ice and snow showers. 0z European is a one heck of a rain maker though with it's further south cutoff, training tapped Gulf/Atlantic moisture overhead. Certainly a solution i'd root for if you don't want to worry about more extended drought issues right off the get go this year.

That is quite the cutoff bomb on the overnight euro. Most of this event would be rain though as the Euro has it. It could be a biggie for the higher southern Apps. The chance of any flakes would arrive around hour 150 as the storm is lifting out and the deep 500 low moves overhead. By that point all the major precip has lifted to the north but there is still some around. Sub 540 thickness resides over PA during the day Tuesday, so I would wager there'd be some wicked instability that day to fire up more of those rain, ice and snow showers. 0z European is a one heck of a rain maker though with it's further south cutoff, training tapped Gulf/Atlantic moisture overhead. Certainly a solution i'd root for if you don't want to worry about more extended drought issues right off the get go this year.

yes. In fact, that's the main source of my distress over the 12Z runs.

i like all seasons, in Winter, i want cold and snow, in Summer, i want sunny and 90's. at that point when the heat or cold just gets to be to much for people, thats when i thrive. i'm not bothered.

We all tend to enjoy weather that makes others miserable, lol.

i like all seasons, in Winter, i want cold and snow, in Summer, i want sunny and 90's. at that point when the heat or cold just gets to be to much for people, thats when i thrive. i'm not bothered.

I agree with you completely. In winter I want snow (Not a huge fan of cold) 25-30 and 3-4 feet of snow is perfect! In summer i want 90s and sun! The in between seasons are my least favorite. I enjoy playing tennis under the lights at 10-11 pm without having a chill in the air in summer, they even have lit golf courts to play at night around here!

Caught a hog of a smallie today. 15.5 in. Weighing in at over 4 lbs.

Nice - where?

Biggest smallie I caught was a 21 incher. Oddly enough, I caught it on the Susky in early April at Long Level when the water was like chocolate milk and high as hell. Caught it on a nightcrawler. The worm hit the water and the fish hit in like a half second. I was 13 and about **** myself, lol.

Nice - where?

Biggest smallie I caught was a 21 incher. Oddly enough, I caught it on the Susky in early April at Long Level when the water was like chocolate milk and high as hell. Caught it on a nightcrawler. The worm hit the water and the fish hit in like a half second. I was 13 and about **** myself, lol.

Memorial Lake

Funny you mentioned the bold because that is exactly what this did.

Like something out of a fishing show, the Rapala crayfish I was working, hit the water and instantly this smallie absolutely crushed it.

First I was like holy ****. Then I picked up the slack and was like, holy **** its on!

Pics of the fish.

post-1771-0-82745100-1334807859.jpg

post-1771-0-00889700-1334807866.jpg

Been having a rough year fishing so far.

Been going out more than often (prolly close to 6 times) for trout and only have 4 trout to show for it.

After getting shut out again this morning, decided to forget about trout and see what was cooking at memorial. Loads more fun.

Caught quite a few bass.

Had a pike follow my lures in a couple times.

Had something massive on the heavy duty rod (guessing massive carp) but threw the hook. I mean the line clicker was screaming on that baby. Sucks that it got away.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the 4" of snow the Euro spits out, or the 8 to 10 inches on one of the GFS ensembles. :P

I'm very intrigued. Especially back my way. Seems to fit right in the EC's wheelhouse 3 days out, with the GFS east.

Boo. The Pirates have to be envious of the offense generated in this series. Fluery has allowed more goals (17) in the first three games than the amount of runs the Pirates scored in their first ten games (16).

Bryz and Bob made up for that last night!

Archived