• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Spring "Freeze out"

BowMeHunter

I was thinking the same thing.... Quite a non-intimidating air-mass overhead now and we have 27 degrees predicted tonight. This could easily produce lows in the upper teens and high temps in the low to mid 30's.

I agree with you on potential lows but not with the highs. No way in hell we stay that low during the day.. More like low 40's at the worst if air-mass depicted verifies..

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airmass origin is completely different. The current one has a source region over a nearby snowpack and the ice over Hudson Bay. The next one will be traveling for several days over snow and ice-free areas. Significant low-level moderation and strong mixing should take place. Some of the longer-range SREF members are even picking up on this already.

Airmass origin is completely different. The current one has a source region over a nearby snowpack and the ice over Hudson Bay. The next one will be traveling for several days over snow and ice-free areas. Significant low-level moderation and strong mixing should take place. Some of the longer-range SREF members are even picking up on this already.

Just curious don't you don't think the storm showing up around day3/4 in CA will lay down some type of snowpack?

I agree with you on potential lows but not with the highs. No way in hell we stay that low during the day.. More like low 40's at the worst if air-mass depicted verifies..

We will most likely have lake clouds here, that knocks off some degrees. Its impossible to nail anything down this far out.

Dude you are getting a frost/freeze tonight and tomorrow night in your area with nowhere the airmass shown for next week.. IF the ECMWF/GFS verify you are in for a hard freeze..

And LOL at the Sun.. We are talking frost/freezes here not daytime highs...

Not tonight the wind is staying up , it will be a light frost tomorrow. Next week is of concern, but like the past 6 months it will be warmer then shown initially. But I guess most people on here like to see a huge disaster where billions are lost, I don't know why anyone would hope for that.

Not tonight the wind is staying up , it will be a light frost tomorrow. Next week is of concern, but like the past 6 months it will be warmer then shown initially. But I guess most people on here like to see a huge disaster where billions are lost, I don't know why anyone would hope for that.

This.

Kids that don't Know any better think destruction is cool and think outliers are gospel.

You enjoy SVR WX Kiddo?

This.

Kids that don't Know any better think destruction is cool and think outliers are gospel.

You are a svr wx fan aren't you? Highly ironic coming from you..

Given that the progged airmass next week is colder at 850 mb, wouldn't it basically cancel out and mean that it will probably be at least as cold as what we're currently seeing?

You enjoy SVR WX Kiddo?

You are a svr wx fan aren't you?

If it is small hail or maybe a gusty storm, I don't really like seeing tornadoes around unless it is over the plains where it is sparsely populated. Snowstorms are cool, most of the problems with snowstorms can be avoided if people drive safely or not at all during them. I hate ice storms .Hurricanes are sort of interesting, a lot of hurricane damage could be avoided by having stronger structures near the coast, flooding could be avoided by not building in floodplains, or rebuilding in cities below sea level. I find the meteorology behind weather events interesting, I really don't like to see billions of dollars in damage and loss of life.

You enjoy SVR WX Kiddo?

You are a svr wx fan aren't you? Highly ironic coming from you..

Fail by u.

Yea I am a severe weather fan. But I don't cheer on potentialy destructive tornado outbreaks with thumbs up and smiley face emotions. I understand that extreme weather has direct impacts usually negative on people's lives.

Fail by u.

Yea I am a severe weather fan. But I don't cheer on potentialy destructive tornado outbreaks with thumbs up and smiley face emotions. I understand that extreme weather has direct impacts usually negative on people's lives.

Oh wawaweeeewa aren't you a special one..

And I understand that my emoticons will do jack **** to influence the weather so IDGAF.. Also killing freezes and frosts this time of the year can kill off mosquitos and bugs that hurt a lot of peoples' lives as well. There is good to cold wx..

And also SVR WX Destruction>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puny little frost/freeze impacts.. Exactly why I hate and actively root against SVR WX..

Look forward to me coming in the next SVR thread and the future ones this summer and doing the same **** you have in here ;)

Oh wawaweeeewa aren't you a special one..

And I understand that my emoticons will do jack **** to influence the weather so IDGAF.. Also killing freezes and frosts this time of the year can kill off mosquitos and bugs that hurt a lot of peoples' lives as well. There is good to cold wx..

And also SVR WX Destruction>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puny little frost/freeze impacts.. Exactly why I hate and actively root against SVR WX..

Look forward to me coming in the next SVR thread and the future ones this summer and doing the same **** you have in here ;)

Fumble.

Fumble.

This is a freeze thread, you have been doing nothing but posting incorrect things in the entire time. Quit while you have shred of dignity left. Also you mention 40 for highs, last I checked it was the night time freezing temperatures that mattered in the equation. Hell it could be 60 for a high, but if it falls back to 25 at night then who cares how warm the day was when its that freeze that matters with vegetation.

It is a lot better than the time when people cheered for Katrina to ravage New Orleans.  Anyone remember that?

On a more related note, if we can get a good snowfall with the cold, the vegetation could be insulated from the worst of the freeze.

Agree, but snow prospects on the large scale don't look very good.

Freeze warning in effect, with the point forecast at 31 for here. It should be interesting to see how cold it gets here in the low lying Rock River Valley.

I would think the low lying areas where there is less wind will really drop tonight. 30° forecast here tonight. Only 7° to drop to freezing here.

Archived