amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Spring "Freeze out"

BowMeHunter

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine the best setup for you at this time of year would be a CAA situation with winds blowing offshore.

yep, especially with the lake running above normal. I just don't see a freeze happening here again this spring. Pretty sure my last freeze was in early march and even that is going by ORD which was probably cooler than I was.

yep, especially with the lake running above normal. I just don't see a freeze happening here again this spring. Pretty sure my last freeze was in early march and even that is going by ORD which was probably cooler than I was.

ORD should make freezing one of the next two nights.

Strange to see those departures in Michigan.  We are currently +14.6 in April but we'll be taking a big bite out of that in the coming days.

Wow, you're cookin' down there south of 80. I think at most this week, I'm at +2.

Strange to see those departures in Michigan. We are currently +14.6 in April but we'll be taking a big bite out of that in the coming days.

There was quite a dividing line setup the other day. You guys were in the 80's while we were in the upper 40's. I'm at -6 today as well.

Holy smokes...the High pressure really ramped up in this run...big ole stinky 1040 up north:

ecmwfNA_850_temp_120.gif

Its brutall...that cold just oozes south and east.... I wouldn't be shocked if we see a huge destruction in midwest fruit production this year.

Kind of a wild outlier at this point. Massive change from its 00z run. GFS deterministic is also radically different compared to its own ensembles at 84-120 hr. There will be a closed upper low, but there's a LOT of disagreement over just where that sets up.

I think clouds will help most of the are south of around the 1-80 1-70 corridor, gfs shows several weak disturbances moving through when the trough gets here. It had a hard time staying getting into the low 20s when the April 2007 freeze was here and it probably will not be that extreme this year. You also have to factor in the sun this time of the year, if you see what the ECMF is showing in the January it is different then what is means in mid April.

I think clouds will help most of the are south of around the 1-80 1-70 corridor, gfs shows several weak disturbances moving through when the trough gets here. It had a hard time staying getting into the low 20s when the April 2007 freeze was here and it probably will not be that extreme this year. You also have to factor in the sun this time of the year, if you see what the ECMF is showing in the January it is different then what is means in mid April.

Dude you are getting a frost/freeze tonight and tomorrow night in your area with nowhere the airmass shown for next week.. IF the ECMWF/GFS verify you are in for a hard freeze..

And LOL at the Sun.. We are talking frost/freezes here not daytime highs...

Dude you are getting a frost/freeze tonight and tomorrow night in your area with nowhere the airmass shown for next week.. IF the ECMWF/GFS verify you are in for a hard freeze..

And LOL at the Sun.. We are talking frost/freezes here not daytime highs...

I was thinking the same thing.... Quite a non-intimidating air-mass overhead now and we have 27 degrees predicted tonight. This could easily produce lows in the upper teens and high temps in the low to mid 30's.

Archived