• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Clipper System Snow East of the Mountains

WilkesboroDude

They just updated my forecast in high point to up to a 1/2 inch both tonight and in the morning. Hoping for the best, expecting drizzle.

30 Boone

38 North Wilkesboro

46 Greensboro

Cold air is coming. After dark, and when the main bulk of moisture passes to our north, should be cold enough all around for snow showers if we are lucky.

Will be interesting to watch the radar returns tonight! Going to be really close!

When you ask how much on facebook, expect answers...

Sean XXXXXX: How much for Mebane?

2 hours ago · Like

US National Weather Service Raleigh NC

Very little is expected in High Point or in Mebane, a dusting at most and mainly on the grass, most likely falling between 5 am and noon. Ground temperatures are running between 48 and 55 degrees, and the air near the ground will remain fairly dry (low humidity), so it would take a heavy burst of snow for accumulation especially on roads, which looks unlikely at this time. Please let us know what you observe tomorrow, if anything!

I mean I don't exactly put all my faith in the NAM but eyewall is right, these things never produce here.

There are rare exceptions but not quite sure why I would expect this winter for this to be one of those rare exceptions though! Lol

And I don't put all my faith in the NAM either but was really hoping it would trend south not north but it's wait and see time, not model watching time.....

with advisory out in stokes and surry we guaranteed to make $$$ even if nothing happens. On way to shop now to hook up salter and load up ice melt

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DOBSON...DANBURY...EDEN...YANCEYVILLE...

STUART...ROCKY MOUNT...BEDFORD...AMHERST...MARTINSVILLE...

DANVILLE...LYNCHBURG...APPOMATTOX...SOUTH BOSTON...KEYSVILLE

222 PM EST SUN MAR 4 2012

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO

NOON EST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BLACKSBURG HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT

TONIGHT TO NOON EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS...THE FOOTHILLS AND PIEDMONT OF VIRGINIA...AND THE

NORTH CAROLINA COUNTIES THAT BORDER VIRGINIA.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 2 INCHES...WITH UP TO 3 INCHES POSSIBLE.

* TIMING...STARTING AFTER 300 AM NEAR THE BLUE RIDGE...REACHING

THE PIEDMONT AROUND DAWN...AND TAPERING OFF BY MIDDAY.

* IMPACTS...A QUICK BURST OF ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL CAUSE ROADS TO

GET SLICK RATHER FAST...RIGHT AROUND OR DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE.

* WINDS...SOUTHWEST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S.

12z euro was pretty mute on QPF outside of sw va with this clipper, don't be surprised to see this 0.25" band the American models are showing through S VA, flirting with the NC boarder not verify. Just basing this one past experiences with clippers where NAM/GFS said "hey" Euro "nay."

Looking very meager but we will take anything. Might just end up with 1inch of salt on the road. Already got my token snow showers this afternoon so can't ask for much more...

Wondering if the returns west of Nashville,TN are hitting the ground or just teasing...?

Heavy radar returns approaching Evansville, Indiana at the moment.

Just had a very heavy snow shower move through the entire county here.

I'm on the southern part of the county and its rare to get these to last for the northern parts much less here.

Ground not entirely covered but many patches of white.

These are probably the fattest flakes i've seen this season. Nice little surprise, hectic with school buses running around here but its about to get sunny again.

Just had a very heavy snow shower move through the entire county here.

I'm on the southern part of the county and its rare to get these to last for the northern parts much less here.

Ground not entirely covered but many patches of white.

These are probably the fattest flakes i've seen this season. Nice little surprise, hectic with school buses running around here but its about to get sunny again.

Yeah, 5 minutes after I left for work, it began to snow at my home. I'm just to your south basically on the border between Alexander and Catawba counties. My wife said it was snowing really good for about 10 minutes or so. I could see the really dark cloud behind me that was spitting out the snow, but I had total sun on me on my drive to work. :cry:

What a great way to end this winter!

Heavy snow bands on the way to school this morning here in Wilkes! Lots of frustration with school not being delayed or closed. Reports of several cars in the ditch and 3 school buses wrecked but not serious.

Around .4 inches at my house and the county ranged from a few to several tenths of a inch. Blacksburg said 1 inch in the far west part of the county.

Very scenic view with the sun coming up in the east and and snow coming down with everything turning white!

Archived