Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/19/12 Event Discussion - Only Reference to OP Euro/GFS allowed

Deck Pic

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know UKmet has good verification scores, but I don't think it has a great track record with east coast storms and nobody has good graphics for it anyway

That's a good argument...graphics make a big difference. I like the idea of having two separate discussions.

It is having a tough winter, but yes....we now have euro/gfs is somewhat of the same camp for DC metro...1-2", maybe 2-3" event...People can discuss fantasy solutions in the other thread

if were getting 1-2 inches..thats reallly no better than the jan 17-18 event. Why are we wasting our time with this crap?

maybe we can get more..but 2-3" during the afternoon, evening with potentially +SN is better than the nonsense that fell 1/21

a 2-3 inch storm isnt even winter storm warning worthy. I guess its okay for this year but we are not the carolinas. We got 3 HECS in one year..we have 2 winters in the past 7 years with 50 inches plus of snowfall...we need to have more of a snowtown mentality and just chalk up the past 2 years to bad luck

Euro frequently overdoes the suppression thing. We've seen it with alot of our NE systems until the last minute. Either way though, this is a work in progress proably until 0Z tonight or maybe even 12Z tomorrow.

agreed...I'd just like to see the Euro get us 50-75 miles from good banding...then a small jog north would help us

agreed...I'd just like to see the Euro get us 50-75 miles from good banding...then a small jog north would help us

You may not have to be that far into the snow shield to see that. The good banding may only be like 50 miles into the snow shield. If that. I definitely could see that wiggle room for you guys, hopefully.

Not really crazy on the 500mb look, but I'll let it role out another frame or two.

streams look less impressive than 0z so far but who knows. precip still south of 0z thru 48.. but the slp is a smidge slower at least.

Archived