Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/19/12 Event Discussion - Only Reference to OP Euro/GFS allowed

Deck Pic

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is the map man so he dserves the credit though he does elicit our thoughts but usually his are so good there isn't much to offer in the way of suggestions.

A set of eyes/thoughts better than one... I still think you're the best overall but he is solid at game time particularly in snow events ... Other than the stupid snow football game on Facebook.

it doesnt matter if it verifies....there was never any justification for being bullish in DC metro...the way to go was always to emphasize something small and minor and just allude to the possibility of something more.....I dont like mets who swing for the fences.....I think it is poor forecasting....

What's funny is they get everyones juices flowing and have more readers than people who are more guarded or at least it seems that way. The hypsters color the publics view of all mets which is a problem. There were at least two comments on the CWg talking about how this event had been hyped sort of implying that we had done the hyping. I thought those comment were funny as we were pretty darn gaurded in what we said but I think they are a reacting to seeing TV people on some stations go for the jugular (I saw a map on the 6 pM news that had me in 3-6 inches0 and in seeing blogs like the two JBs going for the jugular. The time to go for that is during 2009-2010 events when it really becomes obvious or the Jan 26 event last year. You pick you spots and make sure you don''t go too early. Of course even doing that you can get burned....the boxer day storm comes to mind. Actually I think Channel 7 did a pretty good job on the event as I don't remember them going for much.

what I would like nothing more to do is still enjoy snow and get the hell out of this sick obsession I have. 2 days ago...i was awake for 22 hours. I truly need professional counseling because my obsession with winter is unhealthy

i said that this morning and was told im insane.. i could have saved you an additional 12 hours if it was taken to heart then

so whats next? was this our last threat till dec 5,2012?

we may? have a window from say the 24th to the 29th.....euro gets kind of cold....but it is still a fast flow so we'd have to time something...so likely either nothing or something like the last few events with 0.07" of QPF and BL issues

you're still in the game though until March 15-25th or so......I am done in 3 weeks pretty much

Archived