• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/19 Weekend Threat

am19psu

Looking at the model spread at hr 90 - HR 90! - on the Euro ensemble, the 552dam envelop at H5 could is between Aberdeen and Dallas. At 114, it could be between Thunder Bay and Savannah.

Wow.

My parents are supposed to be visiting from NY on Sunday. I guess there is already big talk about the "potential" storm Sunday because they were asking me on the phone yesterday whether they should come visit a different day. I said, it could either snow alot or be sunny and 45 degrees. :)

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the heck is up with that? Are they forced to dump large amounts due to surplus? The roads are a mess, as are cars.

Its pathetic

I have watched SoMoCo crews and State prepare for these non events like it was the big one....

The amount of crap on our vehicles is off the chart.....and the power washer is running weekly.

As I stated elsewhere.....10k in brake lines for our fleet during the last 12-18 months. This is nuts

Stop using the spray crap NOW!!!

Wow.

My parents are supposed to be visiting from NY on Sunday. I guess there is already big talk about the "potential" storm Sunday because they were asking me on the phone yesterday whether they should come visit a different day. I said, it could either snow alot or be sunny and 45 degrees. :)

I have to run out to Cali for a quick meeting on Friday. Been watching this potential event....going to sneak back Fri Night....just to avoid possible issues. The way things have been going this year it would be hard to bet against sunny and 45. I just want to get back to my vacation ASAP.

Its pathetic

I have watched SoMoCo crews and State prepare for these non events like it was the big one....

The amount of crap on our vehicles is off the chart.....and the power washer is running weekly.

As I stated elsewhere.....10k in brake lines for our fleet during the last 12-18 months. This is nuts

Stop using the spray crap NOW!!!

For the most part, PennDot in Schuylkill County stopped using it a few years back. Some of the smaller municipalities however still do.

I know it's the 84 hour NAM, but that storm looks pretty down near the gulf.

that storm doesn't have a prayer on the 84 hr nam. The confluence associated with the pv north of maine is ripping across our area. The precip would have a hard time making it past the m/d line. The southern low would have to slow or that northern stream would have to relax but then you are dealing with less cold air...you need that pv to shift north some.

Tony Wood from the Inquirer discusses the potential storm and gives this forum a shout-out:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/weather/Storm-threat-update.html

I like what he says about AmWx:

"Keep in mind that the tone of the discussions can change radically from model run to model run, not unlike the fortunes during a sporting event."

lol at DT. He says ignore the GFS. It is to far inland. Why ignore a model that could be right? I can see this being a congrats Pittsburgh storm while we get rain. You just can't ignore a model just because it says Richmond gets rain.

I agree, but until we see more support, I'm still more concerned about an OTS scenario.

Looking at the model spread at hr 90 - HR 90! - on the Euro ensemble, the 552dam envelope at H5 is between Aberdeen and Dallas. At 114, it could be between Thunder Bay and Savannah.

So you're saying it'll be somewhere in the western hemisphere? Phew, finally upper air features coming into better focus.

For the most part, PennDot in Schuylkill County stopped using it a few years back. Some of the smaller municipalities however still do.

I am sure PennDot is still using is or some other brew on roads like 940...903....115 etc etc. I saw lines on the road a few weeks back. Back in NJ no doubt they are still putting some brew down....they spray when snow showers might leave a trace.

I am sure PennDot is still using is or some other brew on roads like 940...903....115 etc etc. I saw lines on the road a few weeks back. Back in NJ no doubt they are still putting some brew down....they spray when snow showers might leave a trace.

I'm thinking that it's up to the individual counties. Those roads are in Carbon.

Archived