• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/19 Weekend Threat

am19psu

Agreed. Looking at current radar, all the moisture to the south still hasn't shown any signs of heading north.

well to be fair, that moisture heading east will continue to do so and exit stage right. That heavy batch hitting me now will barely graze NC. A second low will then move ENE and be the primary for tomorrow. Confluence will likely kill the north movement of that precip.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well to be fair, that moisture heading east will continue to do so and exit stage right. That heavy batch hitting me now will barely graze NC. A second low will then move ENE and be the primary for tomorrow. Confluence will likely kill the north movement of that precip.

Its essentially the stuff back in Ar-Kansas and Texas that you need to watch. Not that its going to do anything unexpected.

JB blog title this AM - "Sympathy for the Devil"

"I guess thats just about the way I felt, like the devil, when my son came into my office last night and said Dad, you are really getting slammed on the blogs, do you really think its going to get cold? After all the Fab Feb I had is a Feb Fib so far, and the set up to the 84-85 strat warm has not happened here in the states, though it certainly did in Europe. And of course your response, well we dont live in Europe. I dont expect sympathy for the devil, given the devil says things that dont happen so I realize where I stand in the winter weather loving community right now. Dont think its lost on me"

JB blog title this AM - "Sympathy for the Devil"

"I guess thats just about the way I felt, like the devil, when my son came into my office last night and said Dad, you are really getting slammed on the blogs, do you really think its going to get cold? After all the Fab Feb I had is a Feb Fib so far, and the set up to the 84-85 strat warm has not happened here in the states, though it certainly did in Europe. And of course your response, well we dont live in Europe. I dont expect sympathy for the devil, given the devil says things that dont happen so I realize where I stand in the winter weather loving community right now. Dont think its lost on me"

When was the last time JB forecast a storm to go further south than modeled except when it would mean a hit on Philly and NYC?

More on the analysis side than on the forecast side but there were a number of things from Rob that were pretty off the mark.

also, Piers Corbyn from what I had read (didn't see the forecast itself) was supposedly calling for a biggie in his long range chatter.

Ah yes those two... I wouldn't call the forecasts "worse" so much as "equally as bad," but I do see what you're talking about.

Ah yes those two... I wouldn't call the forecasts "worse" so much as "equally as bad," but I do see what you're talking about.

JB's forecast from Wednesday wasn't that terrible...a touch high but he was annoying stubborn...when he started showing the JMA it was straw grasp time.

Had he shifted on Friday to what his final forecast was he probably wouldn't look so terrible.

JB's forecast from Wednesday wasn't that terrible...a touch high but he was annoying stubborn...when he started showing the JMA it was straw grasp time.

Had he shifted on Friday to what his final forecast was he probably wouldn't look so terrible.

Even his updated forecast was way off the mark, and that seemed pretty clear as soon as he issued it (to me, anyway). Before his update he was even trying to use the medium range 18z DGEX to support his argument, which should be a punishable crime. I guess I just see it differently than you.

Archived