joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/19 Weekend Threat

am19psu

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the GFS took 1 step forward in getting us something decent... better than a deamplified scenario. Maybe it's just the typical 18z GFS weenie solution.

gfs_namer_114_500_vort_ht.gif

vs 12z

gfs_namer_120_500_vort_ht.gif

The main reason behind the more amplified solution is the s/w out in Nevada. @ 12z z, you can see it less defined and weaker, causing the middle conus ridge to not amlify as much as the 18z. If you look at that vort in Nevada on 18z, it's a bit sharper, amp'd, and digging a bit more south, allowing the ridge to help the southern wave amplify and downstream heights falls help push this north a bit,

SOmething to watch, but i'm not sold yet. There's a ton of Pac s/w meandering around. better to be 114 hours out compared to 180 though i suppose.

GFS and euro switch spots 24hrs...lolz.

GFS and dgex vs ukie, ggem, euro, ensembles.

Seeing as ,that the GFS run was extremely amped , I'd call it an outlier at this point and lean towards the souther slider scenario. ( my gut says f it and go big for the weenie solution).

I like the PAC energy dropping south and a ping enough to help pump heights along that ridge which allows the northern branch to drop in and amp some. Those PAC s/w have wanted to drop more south than SE and want to close off/amplify more often than not this winter. We'll see...

Archived