Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

NEG NAO

The 6z GFS has a strong Miller A rainstorm for next Thursday. :maprain:

This Winter is going well since I used 2001-02 and 2008-09 as anaolgs.

2008-2009 was an above average snowfall year in NYC and well above for LI.

I wish this winter was like 2009-2009.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big snowstorm mid month. Feb 2006 redux :)

someone once said "I had a dream....."

See winter 2001-2002...this one is shot, dead, over....was DOA....the parallels are uncanny...most pros predicted a big winter as they did 10 years ago...the models always had the cold 10 days off until to back off as it got closer....MAYBE you get a rogue storm, lucky storm but winter per its definition, aint happening....and the only snow event was a minor one to start the 4th week of January....

Amazing how its Feb 2 and we haven't had one real storm to track since Oct 29 (that storm was the kiss of death for the entire season).

2008-2009 was an above average snowfall year in NYC and well above for LI.

I wish this winter was like 2009-2009.

JFK had 22" that is just barely above avg...and why are you ignoring the other year he mentioned? Which is likely to wind up a spot on match...

JFK had 22" that is just barely above avg...and why are you ignoring the other year he mentioned? Which is likely to wind up a spot on match...

Anyone near the ocean got screwed that winter. Areas just 10 miles north of JFK in northern Queens received 30"-35".

2008-9SeasonalSnowfall.gif

As others have said, we all have to realize that we had this type of winter coming to us.. The past 2 winters were unreal... It's all about the law of averages... This was bound to happen.. Even if we get a few storms from here on out.. Come Feb 20th, as I believe William mentioned... That's it for me.. Anything that falls after that date is usually slop for the immediate coast.. Yes, an 1888, 1899, 1993, 2009 (march 1st) etc may come along every so often, but that's it... Oh ya, I can't forgot - March 2005.. It was like March 9th? i think.. that was an awesome cold front passage that gave us a few inches of snow and a flash freeze..

We'll see what happens!

WOW- I gotta move...the only area on LI that really got screwed is the 2 mile radius around JFK...

Yeah...The area from Metsfan to Long Beach is the worst area for snow in NYC/LI. The best areas are the Bronx and the north shore of LI.

Areas from Glen Cove, LI to Upton, LI have gotten BURIED the past 16 years.

Mother Nature and Old Man Winter have taken everyone including the con artists that make you pay for their forecasts to school this winter and really exposed how bad the pay sites really are and what a waste of money they are - we all know who they are.......

Mother Nature will humble us all. As far as the talented Mets, can't win em all.

I thinks its time for some people to take a few days off from the board, spend some time with friends and family. Enjoy the weekend.

Maybe we should regroup next week in preparation for severe season.

Going on vacation with my wife to Mexico at the perfect time. This Saturday through next Friday. A few days ago, I was worried I would miss a superbowl storm, but now it looks like I am leaving and returning at the perfect time.

Its the only two professions where you still get paid when youre wrong.

www.instantrimshot.com

Eh...if your a plaintiff's attorney you do not get paid a dime if you are wrong.

If you are Defendant's attorney, such as insurance company attorney, and you lose, you get fired.

So...not quite.

Plus many attorneys are transactional, so if you screw up a closing or a contract, you get fired.

Going on vacation with my wife to Mexico at the perfect time. This Saturday through next Friday. A few days ago, I was worried I would miss a superbowl storm, but now it looks like I am leaving and returning at the perfect time.

Cool...same thing here-in Colorado this week-at least it's snowing here today--I get to come home to a torch and more the same non winter weather this Saturday. You'll get home for the start of the new torch....

Archived