Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol i posted the Accuwx article about the purple squirrel a couple nights ago, he resides up close to wsptwx. Maybe he got so depressed from the lack of snow to frolic in so he tried to off himself in an porta-potty.

I can't freaking believe those people released him.

I declare him, whereever he is, as our thread's official mascot.

earlier MDT was at 3.9, then 18Z it went to 3.5, so just a small drop.

It kinda does. 18Z for the past 2 storms have went dry before 0Z cam back even wetter then previous run.

Well, one thing I've learned for arctic fronts is I don't really put too much on the models for them. I've been disappointed and thrilled by them, no matter what the models were saying in the leadup.

Well, one thing I've learned for arctic fronts is I don't really put too much on the models for them. I've been disappointed and thrilled by them, no matter what the models were saying in the leadup.

I think there will be an area that gets crushed tomorrow. Not sure where yet. Think it could be like that Lancaster event a few years ago.

It being 18Z doesn't matter - it's a significant dropoff here. Will have to see 0Z to know if this is just a blip.

Anyone else with any thoughts on the 18Z NAM?

The difference in Centre seems to revolve around the arctic front/disturbance tomorrow afternoon. I wouldn't worry about the decrease in qpf too much. Banding and squalls are tough to nail down a day out.

It being 18Z doesn't matter - it's a significant dropoff here. Will have to see 0Z to know if this is just a blip.

Anyone else with any thoughts on the 18Z NAM?

The difference I saw between the 12 and 18z NAM was associated with this initial wave of precip that will be rolling through this evening. QPF pentrated much further into PA at 12z than it did at 18z. The axis of heaviest snowfall (solid 2 or perhaps a bit more) from this first wave is likely to again run the turnpike corridor with prob an inch or two up our way.. and probably not very much further north. You can also get that vibe from current radar trends as well as latest 18z HRRR. This arctic frontal passage looks like it has more potential, given the dynamics, to deliver a widespread 1-3 to pretty much everyone. That part of the event looks pretty much unchanged on the newer NAM. Take a gander at the CTP afternoon disco, pretty nice explanation of things.

Wow...did Jamie and I just agree on something???

People can thank us when the widespread 3-4 foot snowstorm hits everyone in mid-March.

The difference I saw between the 12 and 18z NAM was associated with this initial wave of precip that will be rolling through this evening. QPF pentrated much further into PA at 12z than it did at 18z. The axis of heaviest snowfall (solid 2 or perhaps a bit more) from this first wave is likely to again run the turnpike corridor with prob an inch or two up our way.. and probably not very much further north. You can also get that vibe from current radar trends as well as latest 18z HRRR. This arctic frontal passage looks like it has more potential, given the dynamics, to deliver a widespread 1-3 to pretty much everyone. That part of the event looks pretty much unchanged on the newer NAM. Take a gander at the CTP afternoon disco, pretty nice explanation of things.

Also, looking at radar, it seems like the most snow will fall later tonight. Looks like snow developing in OH.

Archived