joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Morning FZDZ?

CT Rain

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ALB mets do the same thing. They show that typical five day chart with a high temp each day and it's for Albany proper which is essentially the heat zone.

Years ago they used to give a range... 45-50, etc. Then all TV wx guys started giving one high temp for each day like they can really know it is going to be 46 on Thursday or 44 on Friday. I thought it was a lot more honest and realistic to just say 40's in the valleys and 35-40 in the mountains....or something like that.

lol

That's for HFD.

The ALB mets do the same thing. They show that typical five day chart with a high temp each day and it's for Albany proper which is essentially the heat zone.

Years ago they used to give a range... 45-50, etc. Then all TV wx guys started giving one high temp for each day like they can really know it is going to be 46 on Thursday or 44 on Friday. I thought it was a lot more honest and realistic to just say 40's in the valleys and 35-40 in the mountains....or something like that.

The problem is that most people don't live in the cities.So it may be 47 in downtown HFD..but how many people are there? I just think it would be better to say something like upper 30's in the hills to low-mid 40's elsewhere. Because those tbat don't follow wx assume that # means their BY is going to be that #

I remember tv wx before computer graphics and basic as it was ...just a simple chart with the real conditions written out..."partly cloudy, chance of showers", highs 25-30, 20-25 mountains" It was more descriptive and useful than some sun icon smiling at me with a cloud behind it, and a high of 30 - representing a place where most don't actually live like HFD.

The other thing I find absurd is when they waste half the wx report on the short range highs for the next day ....reading off exact highs for all these communities in the viewing area. Like they can really be so precise...we know it's a farce. So you waste half your air time on that when you could be better explaining the meteorology behind the weather pattern.

The problem is that most people don't live in the cities.So it may be 47 in downtown HFD..but how many people are there? I just think it would be better to say something like upper 30's in the hills to low-mid 40's elsewhere. Because those tbat don't follow wx assume that # means their BY is going to be that #

I remember tv wx before computer graphics and basic as it was ...just a simple chart with the real conditions written out..."partly cloudy, chance of showers", highs 25-30, 20-25 mountains" It was more descriptive and useful than some sun icon smiling at me with a cloud behind it, and a high of 30 - representing a place where most don't actually live like HFD.

The other thing I find absurd is when they waste half the wx report on the short range highs for the next day ....reading off exact highs for all these communities in the viewing area. Like they can really be so precise...we know it's a farce. So you waste half your air time on that when you could be better explaining the meteorology behind the weather pattern.

I know it like they all are zombies same script same presentation day after day. At least Ryan varies.

The valley and the shoreline is by far the most populated area in the state.

Really nice Ryan. Really nice. Actually I understand because I really couldn't care any less about what goes on down there in tropical CT. Thank God I don't have to worry about my layer cake snowpack burning off with a marginal torch.

lol

I meant I don't care about you retaining your snowpack. I don't care if I maintain my snowpack so it's nothing really personal.

Archived