• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Wintry potential Saturday 1/21/2012

famartin

18z GFS at 12Z Sat. tries to nudge temps. above freezing between 850mb and about 925mb around PTW. A touch warmer than the 12z

GFS. Close call for the Delaware Valley.

It does appear the bulk of the precip. falls between about 06z-15z

if the models hold serve, phlwx is right, this will be a thump over to some icing before it ends for phl and immediate burbs.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran the BUKFIT for the 18z NAM and GFS. The following is for KPNE...

NAM has 0.04" as SN, 0.06" as ZR, and the rest as RN.

GFS has 0.11" as SN, 0.25" as ZR (:yikes:), but never goes over to plain rain.

The wild card is probably the possible coastal development that the GFS has been advertising. I don't know how much this has been discussed already, but that's the only way, imo, I see PHL getting more than an inch of snow.

Nws holding serve with HWO and rain and snow saturday for northern lehigh valley , thats interesting, haven't even heard a forecast mentioning freezing rain up here, good ole nws

I guess multiple people explaining to you why you could see zr, wasn't enough for you. No reason to NWS bash, just because the forecast doesn't say exactly what you want. They know a heck of a lot more then you do.

Nws holding serve with HWO and rain and snow saturday for northern lehigh valley , thats interesting, haven't even heard a forecast mentioning freezing rain up here, good ole nws

Yeah, i don't get it sometimes. i guess they will error on the side of caution. Tombo said it earlier." they can always increase it later" . or something like that.

Anything coming down your way Anthony?

its atleast 2.5 for philly, they are still snow hr 36..they change over to sleet or frz rain between hr 36 and 39. They get a good dump of qpf like .25-.3 through hr 36

Yeah the sfc at PHL on this run stays at 32 for the whole event. Even a nice thump for the city before the changeover. It's also hinting at the secondary deepening quicker than on previous runs.

Archived