12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Wintry potential Saturday 1/21/2012

famartin

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just keep in the back of your mind, this can also trend warmer. The trends the last 12hrs have been favorable but it can go the other way just as easily.

Exactly why I am keeping myself from getting too excited about anything until i look out saturday morning and its snowing.

I sort of agree with this, just not the "just as easily". model accuracy increases dramatically the closer you get to an event. With that being said, given this winter, caution is still advised....

just keep in the back of your mind, this can also trend warmer. The trends the last 12hrs have been favorable but it can go the other way just as easily.

As always for us in Monmouth County it will be a close call. Could go either way for us. 1-3 then slop or 3-5 of pure heaven. We shall see. Being in NW Monmouth County should help us I would think.

SWFE almost never work out as all snow for Monmouth, I'd say 1 - 2 to slop at best, unless the south trend continues.

euro holds serve through hr 48...just going off 850s snow from northern del on north...850s are a touch warmer but surface is the same...euro is a little wetter..dropping .1-.25 over the regions as snow... hr 54 good bit colder...frz line and 850s on pa turnpike..then frz line goes up i95 another .1-.25 qpf..0z had frz line and 850s up to i78

That all the models shifted (well, still waiting for the EC) suggests an important observational change. I'm lazy so I haven't gone looking for it ;) (hey, its my day off!) It *is* possible that some bad data made it out there. But anyway, I think its wise to wait for another at least 1, if not 2 model runs before going all-in.

Lol@ ray for doing his best hpc redux impersonation last night!

yea this is a latitude system in terms of snow...for frozen freezing north of m/d line and away from 95

Looking at the 12z euro snowfall maps, it appears that east of the Delaware and south of Trenton get nada verbatim. Please correct me if I am interpreting wrong, but it looks like slop to rain for us NJers south of Rayville...

Looking at the 12z euro snowfall maps, it appears that east of the Delaware and south of Trenton get nada verbatim. Please correct me if I am interpreting wrong, but it looks like slop to rain for us NJers south of Rayville...

nah jersey areas get snow to, your location on the snow maps on wunderground show snow over you.

Archived