amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV Banter thread

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, the lack of cold with prob. mean that are 1000x worse this year. Lovely, they've gotten worse year by year the last few.

not this past year. "experts" said last year would be the worst, but they were down in number everywhere. many folks weren't sure why, but my guess is the constant heavy rains throughout the warm months last year did damage to the eggs probably killing them off by the millions.

my guess is, though, this year will be worse unless we have more above average rainfall.

I have had stink bugs all winter. The numbers are down from last year based on the late season heavy rainfall Irene but most of all the Halloween snowstorm which I sure caused many of those dam bugs an early demise. 2012 looks to be an avg stink bug year. I am wondering how many Japanese beetle grubs made it through this warm winter since most of them drowned in Irene and plus I did not even have to put out the traps. I see a bumper crop of butterflies and hummingbirds because of the mild winter :thumbsup:

Warm temps and some rain should result in many visible signs of spring by the weekend. Crocuses and snowdrops blooming, and I'd imagine some daffodils and forsythias in favored locations.

Driving along PA 895 from south of Tamaqua toward Bowmanstown, I noticed that some of the low undergrowth in the wooded areas appear to be getting a hint of green.

I am wondering how many Japanese beetle grubs made it through this warm winter since most of them drowned in Irene and plus I did not even have to put out the traps.

I see a bumper crop of butterflies and hummingbirds because of the mild winter :thumbsup:

Haven't had much of a Japanese beetle issue in the last 2 summers here (not too far away)....now that i write this...of course they'll be back

Hoping the second comes to fruition :thumbsup:

Torch update: Saw the first snow geese today overhead :maphot:

Haven't had much of a Japanese beetle issue in the last 2 summers here (not too far away)....now that i write this...of course they'll be back

Hoping the second comes to fruition :thumbsup:

Torch update: Saw the first snow geese today overhead :maphot:

Hey, you know that JB and DT officially canceled winter in Hawaii last week. :cry: Guess what-- they were wrong :lmao:

http://www.hawaiinew...or-snow-and-ice

AmWX gets mentioned on Philly.com article

Winter white flag?

In a post yesterday we noted that the meteorological winter of 2011-12 -- that's the December through February period -- could crack into the top 3 for warmth in Philadelphia.

And it appears that if February goes out like a lamb, nature won't have to change into a new costume in March.

It will be moderately chilly during the weekend with March-like winds due Friday, but this is about to become the 12th winter in the period of record that a winter passed without a single three-day stretch of temperatures below 35 in Philadelphia.

The Washington-based Commodities Weather Group observed this morning that the 11-to 15-day outlook is generally warm for the East.

CWG also said it was turning up the burners in its forecast for all of March, based on persistence and the continuing cooler-than-normal waters in the tropical Pacific.

As for storm threats, we noticed that on the American Weather Forums chat board someone had started a thread about something brewing at the end of the month, but the credentialed weathermen are writing off that prospect as hallucinatory.

Should the March outlook work out, CWG is saying that for parts of the nation, this could become the warmest November to March period ever.

A hardware store owner complained that he sold more mulch than rock salt in January, and now it may be time to put all those rocks in storage.

Or maybe we could just set you to 5 posts a day for consistently clogging up threads with crap like this. You pick.

I just un-approved over 20 posts from the last 24 hours in this thread that were either off topic or were statements with absolutely no backing or reasoning to them. Get your stuff together, dudes. You guys are better than this and the post quality here has been absolutely atrocious.

ugh, 1/14/08 redux out here.

My point-and-click went from "little or no accumulation" to 1-3, to 6-10, to 4-8, to 2-5, and now 2-4....all in the last 28 or so hours. And it's pretty obvious at this point that it'll only be with a bout of luck that we crack 2".

In other news, I'll be back east the 4th through the 17th for spring break, so expect 55 and drizzle every day those two weeks.

Archived