joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 16-18th Potential Storm

dmc76

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody have any thoughts on how this plays out over chicagoland? Got the salt trucks on standby just not sure if I should schedule additional drivers for a plowable snowfall in excess of an inch. LOT's 12Z Aviation update showed some uncertainty also. Just can't tell if that deformation band over the quad cities will impact us here. Thanks.

anybody have any thoughts on how this plays out over chicagoland? Got the salt trucks on standby just not sure if I should schedule additional drivers for a plowable snowfall in excess of an inch. LOT's 12Z Aviation update showed some uncertainty also. Just can't tell if that deformation band over the quad cities will impact us here. Thanks.

Pretty confident qpf and snow remains north of the area, with accums of dusting an inch across the far northern counties.

once the wind went nw and not off the boiling lake the temps dropped a quick 5 degrees. was hoping the wet snow pasting everthing would last a bit longer. looks like we should have no problem hitting 2" hopefully some 3-4" totals out there.

radar trends look positive up there, 3-4 shouldn't be too hard.

Temps dropping faster than the Packers drop the ball and fumble. looks like i could use a little more latidue going forward if i wanted a chance at the high end of the wwa snow totals. Snow is really whipping around and will be hard to measure.. visibility sucks with the added in fog.. msn and mke reporting heavy snow but that not the case here but i can see msn being legit.

Temps dropping faster than the Packers drop the ball and fumble. looks like i could use a little more latidue going forward if i wanted a chance at the high end of the wwa snow totals. Snow is really whipping around and will be hard to measure.. visibility sucks with the added in fog.. msn and mke reporting heavy snow but that not the case here but i can see msn being legit.

Its +SN bro.. At least here(Marquette)..

Yeah the next batch looks mighty juicy...

looking good from downtown north to saukville to really rip for a bit - enjoy :)

Just called the wife and she said a good moderate snow right now. she works across from MU at UMB. She said earlier around 8am the flakes were bigger and the same for here.

Definitely one last burst of heavier snow heading for you Bowme and the southern half of the county. Some isolated convective returns.

lol first i was worried i'd be just on the edge in the south and then it just dives south.. would of been nice if it stayed moving east to west. always something.. o well.

Archived