• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow does the block form on this run. A little cooler through hr 312, but we start to play with fire, as the ridge and PV retrograde.

Ryan said we still have a Tebow's chance in heaven even if the ridge retrogrades since the AO won't be so hostile. Are you in agreement with him on that point?

Ryan said we still have a Tebow's chance in heaven even if the ridge retrogrades since the AO won't be so hostile. Are you in agreement with him on that point?

Yeah with that block there, we'll have a shot. The storm track may be on top of us so it could be snow to mix or rain, but any subtle shift south in the block and it's a great pattern. I'd want to be in NNE if that happens, as it may get ugly here, but it has a shot.

But even with the block, it doesn't guarantee all snow..it just gives us better chances. We could still have ptype issues with the block, it will come down to timing and placement of features..perhaps a little luck too.

Yeah with that block there, we'll have a shot. The storm track may be on top of us so it could be snow to mix or rain, but any subtle shift south in the block and it's a great pattern. I'd want to be in NNE if that happens, as it may get ugly here, but it has a shot.

But even with the block, it doesn't guarantee all snow..it just gives us better chances. We could still have ptype issues with the block, it will come down to timing and placement of features..perhaps a little luck too.

Thanks for your thoughts Scott. What more can we really ask for at this point? :)

so name starts of colder but then in just 3 hours shoots the warm air way north! very odd run to me we shall see

NAM is odd in that range period. It may be right but I'd wait for the GFS (sorry Kevin) and the entire 0Z suite tonight. There obviously are some pretty cold members based on the SREF probs.

If models are right, there may be regional wars going on in about two weeks. Perhaps in New England itself..lol.

2007-08. Let's hope the Pike stays ok. Sorry boys...all for one and every man for himself. Women too. We're talking snow here...no touchy feely stuff...I want it!

Archived