• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December pattern change continued

Typhoon Tip

Yeah it was nice to have some winter.... it looks like I should have enjoyed this as much as possible because judging by this thread winter won't be here all that much this season.

Walking into the office this morning with moderate snowfall, strong winds, and cold temps it actually felt quite wintery out there. Now its down to 12F at the office with just over 2" of new snow.

Congrats--and that's a great picture!

27.9/14

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that gets me about the Euro and Euro ensembles is just how boring they are. Yeah we do get some bouts of normal (not a wall to wall torch) but there's just so little stormiess around it's ugly.

Very discouraging to see the EPO troughiness return by D11-D15.

Well I'm not sure how much storminess is going to show up on an ensemble mean past D10.

I was talking about the op Euro and the pattern itself on the ensemble. Just doesn't look particularly favorable for much.

Well the whole regime stinks for the most part...but I wouldn't be shocked at a couple threats in there. Hopefully we see a change in the EPO.

Tough times for sure for most of us, but I still like the 24-27 time frame, I think its our best chance for a festivus miracle.

We need less tough times and more trough times.

Heading up to Anchorage tomorrow. I'll see if I can negotiate a few weeks of negative EPO

Kevin can work your negotiations for you. Have a great trip.

27.3/14

I'm hoping I don't have issues with the flight. It's scheduled to land in the afternoon, and it looks like they'll still be dealing with some intense winds.

You're in for one bumpy ride Sam. The final descent into ANC can be a white knuckle affair. So happy for you !!! Have an awesome time, it's the most beautiful state in the union.

PANC has been one of the most difficult places to forecast for. They get these weird ageostrophic flows..... like 10kt nw winds and S+ while 2000ft up, the winds are se at 80kts. Once in a while those winds mix down and they go from S+ to RASN and a temp of 40F. 15 min later, they are light NW with snow again. That turnagain arm gets demolished.

Archived