joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December pattern change continued

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seem to have adapted a culture of pessimism, to a fault actually...regarding general overviews, as well as interpretation of guidance over individual events in time. Not sure why this is, but I suspect it somehow rooted in "defensive" posturing, perhaps to protect one's self from annihilated hope?

If one chooses to never see the upshot/side of things, one never has to risk that. Good plan. Unfortunately, there is no science in that; this forum/resource et al becomes something other than a knowledge sharing nexus for those weather enthusiasts and educated alike. I read post where x,y,z model depicts a snow storm, and immediately it is petty picked apart to figure out why it is really saying rain, or is wrong because a,b,c doesn't agree ... all these tedious excerpts of a bad attitude. There isn't any detail provided in that bias that describes why event "could" happen. It's ad nauseam at times.

As much as I too enjoy a good commiseration lamb-basting over the pattern, replete with sardonics/humor - objectivity shouldn't be dashed; can't be all con this and that, or one isn't objective.

...but I digress...

I was really going to comment on the MJO. It's re-emerged from incoherency in Phase 4... The mean of the GEFs has it resuming eastward propagation while strengthening through Phase 5. Objectively, that is a bad omen for eastern N/A negative height departures. Should the AO/EPO/NAO remain at positive bay, there would be less to compensate for tropical forcing should a Phase 5 materialize, where forcing off that spatially would promote a trough over the Rockies and a return ...or perhaps resurgeance is more apropos, of the SE warm wall.

Just went through the ski reports for most of NNE. Grim. I hope the marketing guys aren't reading these threads.

My favorite was Wildcat who said their one top to bottom trail will be closed today due to fzra. Try Attitash down the road, they may be open. lol

Never seen a ski area plug their competition. lol

Peaks Resorts owns both. And yes, Wildcat needs better snowmaking...

Archived