amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December pattern change continued

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we were discussing the winter of 2010-2011 though. I disagree that it was one month of winter with messenger though. It was pretty much six weeks for everyone...and February actually average above normal north of the Pike...south of the Pike it was below average.

Wow so 5.3 weeks versus 4.5 weeks...who cares winter sucked after the first week of February where the people live, not the moose and deer.

we were discussing the winter of 2010-2011 though. I disagree that it was one month of winter with messenger though. It was pretty much six weeks for everyone...and February actually average above normal north of the Pike...south of the Pike it was below average.

Eh not what I read, the discussion was about winter ending in Feb.

Wow so 5.3 weeks versus 4.5 weeks...who cares winter sucked after the first week of February where the people live, not the moose and deer.

mid december through early February was epic. Lots of people live in CT too...it wasn't just the Berks it was decent for lol.

You're really dismissing last winter like that? I mean it was way above average dude. It was only a month of winter sounds like spin to me.

mid december through early February was epic. Lots of people live in CT too...it wasn't just the Berks it was decent for lol.

You're really dismissing last winter like that? I mean it was way above average dude. It was only a month of winter sounds like spin to me.

You're absoultely right, it was a fantastic 6.2 week winter.

WTF cares honestly? Do you guys take the photos of last year to bed with you each night? Later Feb and March stunk, again.

WOW

first good snow 12/26 last one 2/2 and then almost 25 days before the next one and never another one after that. 38-39 days, you're right 5-6 weeks. I was horribly and inexcusably mistaken.

There was a big norlun event in mid December in CT...also there was that retrograder that hit the cape hard before 12/26...12/20?

I feel like to sit here and say the death vortex is coming back and it's a lock is a bit silly. We never saw the EPO ridging the Euro would show at D9 and D10 a few weeks ago and locked it up as if it was a done deal we'd get a great dump of cold so why believe the vortex is going to be a beast again? Idk, maybe I am just being a :weenie: but I'm just trying to be a little optimistic. :)

I feel like to sit here and say the death vortex is coming back and it's a lock is a bit silly. We never saw the EPO ridging the Euro would show at D9 and D10 a few weeks ago and locked it up as if it was a done deal we'd get a great dump of cold so why believe the vortex is going to be a beast again? Idk, maybe I am just being a :weenie: but I'm just trying to be a little optimistic. :)

The EC ens for a couple of days last week showed a little more ridging in the EPAC which is giving us this narrow window of cold air to work with.

That's what is so depressing. The horrible early December days with the +EPO from hell have returned with vengeance. Apparently our pattern change was really just the whole thing reloading.

totally ugly in the long range..I have given up..next winter should be better,it coudn't get worst..going for a 3rd year Nina?

totally ugly in the long range..I have given up..next winter should be better,it coudn't get worst..going for a 3rd year Nina?

Let's not jump off of skyscrapers yet. We're just barely reaching the winter solstice now. The next couple of weeks don't look pretty though. Hopefully some of my fellow New Englanders can cash in over the next 7 days.

Well, previously the EC would show the vortex at D9 D10 and you're right, it kept getting pushed back.

But now it's beginning to become re-established D5 and is clearly in place D6, and that's no longer fantasy land. That said, no one can say for sure yet if the vortex will be as persistent as it was in Nov.

you're melting down just a little bit lol.

OSU please accept my apologies I was half joking but it came across all wrong. On a side note I get why people get offended about the toaster bath stuff and have always mentioned it was in poor taste. At about the moment I was typing to you I'd gotten a text telling me an old friend had died by his own hand in the last day. The holidays bring out the worst sometimes. I'd long ago lost touch with him but it's still incredibly sad to me and like I said I get why people complain about it. End of OT.

30-40dm neg departures for days.

Did someone say +14 at 850mb...50s FTW Ginx.

Archived