joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Cancel

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dec 19 2009, The storm right after NY 2010, and we also told you that you would be getting nailed for a few hours in the Jan 21 storm of last year after you thought it may bypass you...well the heaviest snow anyways.

It's all good...I'm just having fun.

I was actually reading the old obs thread from 1/21 this past winter a few weeks ago and Ray kept saying he would end with 4-5". I had to keep telling him he'd get hammered for a couple hours.

Again, another HECS that I missed out on....these all took place when I was in my HECS frenzy, before it was sated.

I guess I'll give you NY 2010, but it took like 3 days for that 1' to fall.

I feel like you've been getting fooked lately....

welp 5th and last post til 7:54 pm ET... time to drink away my expectations for a good winter

I was actually reading the old obs thread from 1/21 this past winter a few weeks ago and Ray kept saying he would end with 4-5". I had to keep telling him he'd get hammered for a couple hours.

8.5"....ok, guilty as charged in that one.

I'm not sure what the infraction is, here (not saying you).....I'm on record as not thinking that I'll break 5" for the month....I'm not going to try to spin like some others in the event that I'm wrong. You have been provided a plate on which to serve me my crow.

Good luck.

Oh, well in that case, pheeeeeeeeeeeew :lol:

You are a true weenie...lol.

Give the month a chance. If you are under 5", then you win....we'll throw you a parade.

It's not a winter like pattern..and very well may not be a wintry month, but it could be worse. At least we don't have the monster vortex in AK so we can get some chances with that being gone.

You are a true weenie...lol.

Give the month a chance. If you are under 5", then you win....we'll throw you a parade.

It's not a winter like pattern..and very well may not be a wintry month, but it could be worse. At least we don't have the monster vortex in AK so we can get some chances with that being gone.

Sure....I'm not cancelling winter or calling for the warmest December on record.

I'm with you on this one... Some people on here are delusional. When the GFS doesn't even have monster coastals in its fantasy range, you know you're in trouble. I'm so happy I'm going to San Diego from the 18th to the 25th. I'll be golfing while people on here will be complaining about how the 18z GFS looks much better than 12z at day 14. Gonna be great.

Great thread!

What will probably happen is that finally the pattern change is complete and a huge bomb lumbers up the coast. Your flight leaves the gate and the pilot announces a hold due to weather in Boston. Finally 3 hours later you find that BOS, MHT,PVD,PWM, and all adjacent terminals within 100 miles are closed and your flight is cancelled. You return 12/28 to a Manchester jackpot of 32 inches. And then it doesn't snow for 6 weeks. You'll get over it by the time you're 80.

What will probably happen is that finally the pattern change is complete and a huge bomb lumbers up the coast. Your flight leaves the gate and the pilot announces a hold due to weather in Boston. Finally 3 hours later you find that BOS, MHT,PVD,PWM, and all adjacent terminals within 100 miles are closed and your flight is cancelled. You return 12/28 to a Manchester jackpot of 32 inches. And then it doesn't snow for 6 weeks. You'll get over it by the time you're 80.

Why.,...you sound like you have experience on this...lol.

My wife wants me to meet her down in Orlando in Feb at a conference. I didn't really want to risk going, but who knows at this point.

Why.,...you sound like you have experience on this...lol.

My wife wants me to meet her down in Orlando in Feb at a conference. I didn't really want to risk going, but who knows at this point.

Every year I say I'll go somewhere warm during mid winter but I always get cold feet. 2 years ago I went with my family to my nelhew's bar mitzvah. I missed a modest event but that's manageable.

Archived