• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wes' latest CWG post about Dec snow: calls forecast pattern "snow lover's nightmare"

capitalweather

It speaks VOLUMES about this winter here in the southern Mid Atlantic when we had that front with all the torrential, flooding rainfall a few days ago, replete with STRONG north winds, cold air advection featuring northerly wind gusts to over 40 MPH!!!! that brought the ambient air temps at the 2 meter level to 34 degrees yet FAILED to change us over to a BRIEF burst of snow or even effin SLEET for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah.

It sucks HUGE hairy goat balls to live where I live. I hate this place. I hate my life. I wish I had never even been born. This forum would a lot better off, and posts would be readable for a change. This is going to be a long terrible winter in DC. It is going to be freezing cold, so cold that I'm not even going to be able to jebwalk, yet we will break 300 year old records for rainfall and have floods throughout the low sun period thanks to a relentless heat ridge straight out of hell and a pacific jet high on steroids and drunk with Red Bull and meth.

This has got to be the WORST place on earth to live.

Unless you get a hardon from bein' fricken' MISERABLE

True.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot more mentally unstable version.

You'd be a little unstable too if you are a snow enthusiast and were forced to live in northern Virginia where we have a lot less chances for snow than do Baltimore MD residents.

There have been times when Baltimore manages to catch the tail end of a def zone and get measurable snow but DCA misses out.

Unlike others on this board - I have zero say about where I live. I will live in Dale City until I die from old age, whether I see snow or not.

This is a La Nina winter with a negative pdo. Washington will see very little snow this winter.

You on the other hand, Ravens Rule, have a promising future. You can travel to the Sierra Nevada and actually experience ten feet of snow from a Pacific storm while I get to see it online lol. You can travel to the snow belt areas of the Great Lakes and experience unique LES events. I get to see it on the Internet.

That said, Yes, I do need professional help. This is going to be a very difficult winter for me. I will get lots of cold weather and a lot of RAIN. Baltimore will probably get 24 inches of snow total for the season, maybe even more. Too bad I got stuck living here in Dale City.

You'd be a little unstable too if you are a snow enthusiast and were forced to live in northern Virginia where we have a lot less chances for snow than do Baltimore MD residents.

There have been times when Baltimore manages to catch the tail end of a def zone and get measurable snow but DCA misses out.

Unlike others on this board - I have zero say about where I live. I will live in Dale City until I die from old age, whether I see snow or not.

This is a La Nina winter with a negative pdo. Washington will see very little snow this winter.

You on the other hand, Ravens Rule, have a promising future. You can travel to the Sierra Nevada and actually experience ten feet of snow from a Pacific storm while I get to see it online lol. You can travel to the snow belt areas of the Great Lakes and experience unique LES events. I get to see it on the Internet.

That said, Yes, I do need professional help. This is going to be a very difficult winter for me. I will get lots of cold weather and a lot of RAIN. Baltimore will probably get 24 inches of snow total for the season, maybe even more. Too bad I got stuck living here in Dale City.

lmaosmiley.gif You are crazy.

Why cant you move. If you have that much of an issue, move to Upstate Ny

I wonder who everyone is. Not you, not me, certainly not Mitchnick.

I think there is board wide frustration.....I shouldnt have singled out our area..Collectively, I think we might be handling it the best of any region.....I think we have been spoiled with some good Decembers in the last 10 years...I'd rather have a good February, but I am in the minority I think

I told you it was time to worry in mid November. I am old enough to have seen some horrific patterns and once you lock in...it's hard to dislodge. You were fine punting December. I wasn't ...not in a la nina. Now December is almost over and things actually look worse. You ready to punt January too? There's is nothing that remotely signals a pattern change.

I told you it was time to worry in mid November. I am old enough to have seen some horrific patterns and once you lock in...it's hard to dislodge. You were fine punting December. I wasn't ...not in a la nina. Now December is almost over and things actually look worse. You ready to punt January too? There's is nothing that remotely signals a pattern change.

there might be a way out of the pattern, that isn't really a pattern change....I agree I don't think we are going to get any kind of pattern reversal any time soon...I think we need to lower the bar a bit and set our sights on what needs to happen for a 1-2/2-4" event.....to me this winter has always been a climo/below climo winter....It could end up being Feb or march to get a real productive pattern.....If you really want to clean up with a KU type event, I agree, you will have to wait and it may never happen this winter

I find it interesting that the NINA this year is the first 2nd year NINA where the ONI went to neutral in between winters. If you look at the link below, every time we had a 2-year NINA, NINA conditions were maintained through the following spring, summer and fall following the first year NINA, but not this year. We warmed to 0 for 2 months (MJJ & JJA.) We did loose NINA conditions in the 3rd year of a 3-year NINA, 1999, but barely as ENSO 3.4 warmed to -.4 for three tri-monthly periods, but with the NINA threshold being -.5, it was, for all practical purposes, a weak NINA. All I can say is, its always something around here.

http://www.cpc.ncep....ensoyears.shtml

As forecasted by the models, the current MJO cycle just fizzled into the circle of death. I can't find a darn thing anywhere that looks like things are changing anytime soon and I wear weeenie glasses quite often. doh

From a fellow weenie, I appreciate you wearing the weenie-glasses when I read your analysis. Coming from you, things must be dire.

Archived