Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 16th event

RaleighWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolz....6z NAM is night and day compared to 00z, take into account the 6z GFS and the Euro and we have quite a cluster**** on our hands. arrowheadsmiley.png

At this point I am not certain anyone knows what to expect. Models are not handling the setup well at al. It may come down to a nowcast. One thing I was wondering was, what are the chances/effects of a Lee trough developing here?

At this point I am not certain anyone knows what to expect. Models are not handling the setup well at al. It may come down to a nowcast. One thing I was wondering was, what are the chances/effects of a Lee trough developing here?

Well I guess the good thing is the trends, the models have been coming in colder but the closer we get the better the NAM can get a handle on things which is why even just this far out it's dramatic with each shift. We should be used to it in the CLT area, seems like this is how it always goes. If were in RDU I wouldn't be worried a tick about it however we've seen this too much south of 40.

Well I guess the good thing is the trends, the models have been coming in colder but the closer we get the better the NAM can get a handle on things which is why even just this far out it's dramatic with each shift. We should be used to it in the CLT area, seems like this is how it always goes. If were in RDU I wouldn't be worried a tick about it however we've seen this too much south of 40.

What did the NAM show this morning N.NC ? Locals on TV seem to think it's a non event.

yeah, the 6Z runs were not encouraging. Let's hope the 12Z cycle is better. I'm not holding my breath-given the non-American model output from last night.

I have a hard time buying the Euro, the NAM has had this storm from the get go while the Euro has flipped and flopped with the timing of it dramatically. Of course knowing our luck Euro last night is probably gonna verify 100% arrowheadsmiley.png. I think by 00z we start trending colder and this turns out to be a surprise, no science to back me up just pure :weenie: speculation.

I have a hard time buying the Euro, the NAM has had this storm from the get go while the Euro has flipped and flopped with the timing of it dramatically. Of course knowing our luck Euro last night is probably gonna verify 100% arrowheadsmiley.png. I think by 00z we start trending colder and this turns out to be a surprise, no science to back me up just pure :weenie: speculation.

I think this is just going to be a generic now-cast type thing. Our local mets all the way down here in Columbia, SC are already forecasting sleet/snow tomorrow night, NOAA same deal. They all keep saying nothing is sure yet and it's a big timing thing. Either way I think down this far, we will see it turn to rain by 6 or 7am the next morning. It's barely any moisture involved this far South. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole diabatic cooling process kills all the moisture before we see anything at all here.

I think this is just going to be a generic now-cast type thing. Our local mets all the way down here in Columbia, SC are already forecasting sleet/snow tomorrow night, NOAA same deal. They all keep saying nothing is sure yet and it's a big timing thing. Either way I think down this far, we will see it turn to rain by 6 or 7am the next morning. It's barely any moisture involved this far South. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole diabatic cooling process kills all the moisture before we see anything at all here.

Highs tomorrow and Thurs. in the 40's-50's, not frozen precip here.

I believe we all be happy by Sunday. Everybody know models are crazy until about 72-48 hr time frame and even then they change

I believe we all be happy by Sunday. Everybody know models are crazy until about 72-48 hr time frame and even then they change

There's two storms being talked about in here. There's the system swinging through tomorrow night and then the weekend system. I think we need to create a thread for the weekend system and keep this one on tomorrow's.

trying to stay positive here :arrowhead:

the 6z gfs ensembles did look slighty south for the 16th and faster on the precip arrival overall. I admit though that I was somewhat surprised that the at least operational Nam and Gfs shifted back north again. I thought our South trend was here to stay. Hopefully it was just a 6z thing and it will shift back south with 12z update. Key seems to be strength and placement of vortex in the Northeast. It was slightly weaker at 6z. I also think this is important for the amount of cold air we have to work with for the weekend system.

trying to stay positive here :arrowhead:

the 6z gfs ensembles did look slighty south for the 16th and faster on the precip arrival overall. I admit though that I was somewhat surprised that the at least operational Nam and Gfs shifted back north again. I thought our South trend was here to stay. Hopefully it was just a 6z thing and it will shift back south with 12z update. Key seems to be strength and placement of vortex in the Northeast. It was slightly weaker at 6z. I also think this is important for the amount of cold air we have to work with for the weekend system.

If I may ask; where do you obtain your ensemble data at? I have yet to find a really good clear site as the e-wall is pretty crappy. Thanks!

There's two storms being talked about in here. There's the system swinging through tomorrow night and then the weekend system. I think we need to create a thread for the weekend system and keep this one on tomorrow's.

I'll 2nd that motion !!!! is a LOT confusing trying to keep score.

Archived