gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part IV

TheTrials

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when it seemed that the models couldn't get any different for the storm next week... the GFS brings the heavier rain on Sunday night/Monday, the ECM now brings it through on Thursday, the CMC got lost again, the UKMET cuts the storm off near the Great Lakes. Sometimes it seems that the models make the forecast even more complicated than it should be.

At least on the bright side, there won't be any massive ridge building behind this storm and trough like there has been almost every time this month...

Just when it seemed that the models couldn't get any different for the storm next week... the GFS brings the heavier rain on Sunday night/Monday, the ECM now brings it through on Thursday, the CMC got lost again, the UKMET cuts the storm off near the Great Lakes. Sometimes it seems that the models make the forecast even more complicated than it should be.

At least on the bright side, there won't be any massive ridge building behind this storm and trough like there has been almost every time this month...

Euro backed way off the ridging in the Pacific near the end of the run which isn't that surprising I guess. The ridge the 12z OP had yesterday was on roids.

post-532-0-58925700-1322164028.gif

It is going to get cooler next week. If the gfs verifies , it will get a lot colder.The PNA will do the dirty work in the pattern coming up. We don't need a -nao for cold weather around here.

I know a lot of you don't like Ruggie but he also thinks that it will get a lot colder by midmonth.

It is going to get cooler next week. If the gfs verifies , it will get a lot colder.The PNA will do the dirty work in the pattern coming up. We don't need a -nao for cold weather around here.

I know a lot of you don't like Ruggie but he also thinks that it will get a lot colder by midmonth.

Well that's great to hear

I was just lurking into random threads in a forum that specializes in US city statistics and demographics. Then, I came upon this post. "It's going to get colder next week. The PNA is rising . This cold shot should be transient. I think the pattern will really change to cold and stormy weather by the middle of March when the Alaskan vortex breaks down and the NAO goes negative." -Posted by Tony88 http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/1430418-warm-winter-3.html Ugh...hope that's a typo there. Who is Tony88 anyway?

I was just lurking into random threads in a forum that specializes in US city statistics and demographics. Then, I came upon this post. "It's going to get colder next week. The PNA is rising . This cold shot should be transient. I think the pattern will really change to cold and stormy weather by the middle of March when the Alaskan vortex breaks down and the NAO goes negative." -Posted by Tony88 http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york

-city/1430418-warm-winter-3.html Ugh...hope that's a typo

there. Who is Tony88 anyway?

lol

I meant to say the middle of December.

Wow, how many different forums do you post in? I've seen you in Metro, Eastern, AccuWeather and now City-Data of all places. 98% of the members in City-Data do not even understand your usage of the meteorological terms you state in there. =P

I post on a lot of forums lol. I had a feeling not everyone knows what I am talking about .If they want to learn, just pm me :)

Archived