gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part IV

TheTrials

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we still have one last 65 degree day in NYC/NE NJ to enjoy before the pattern turns noticeably colder for early December:

Also, does anyone know how accurate the MOS forecast highs usually are? The MOS on the GFS shows lower 60s on Friday and 64-65 degrees on Saturday, but there were times when they have been too cold or too warm.

its a bit deceiving. This is a transient cold shot at best...+EPO and no blocking at all, H5 is not conducive to cold in the east for extended periods of time.

That being said, I like how the models have continually developed a bit of a +PNA out west which helps compensate for the lack of a -NAO

Your starting to sound like noreaster27. the whole run in the long range is cold dude. It's not transient. And other parts of the run show a -EPO. I'm not going to go over the whole NAO thing and cold air again. Be happy the pattern is changing, or maybe you won't be who knows.

Your starting to sound like noreaster27. the whole run in the long range is cold dude. It's not transient. And other parts of the run show a -EPO. I'm not going to go over the whole NAO thing and cold air again. Be happy the pattern is changing, or maybe you won't be who knows.

Im looking at the run and there are multiple, transitive cold shots after hr 192.

If you remember from last year, blocking essentially kept a vortex over eastern canada and locked in arctic air during the early-mid parts of december last year. Without a block were not going to see that.

Im not arguing that an NAO is the only way to get cold, but if you want sustained cold, having a weak +PNA and variable EPO is not the way to go, and it could easily switch back to warm

Im looking at the run and there are multiple, transitive cold shots after hr 192.

If you remember from last year, blocking essentially kept a vortex over eastern canada and locked in arctic air during the early-mid parts of december last year. Without a block were not going to see that.

Im not arguing that an NAO is the only way to get cold, but if you want sustained cold, having a weak +PNA and variable EPO is not the way to go, and it could easily switch back to warm

Im talking about the ensembles and posting ensemble images, you are talking about the OP.

The enembles are sustained cold after about 200 hours or so

Im talking about the ensembles and posting ensemble images, you are talking about the OP.

The enembles are sustained cold after about 200 hours or so

Yeah the ensembles seem to carve out a decent trough after 200. All I'm saying is that theres a big risk trying to maintain cold in the east with just a PNA (one thats not even that strong)....I think you can agree to that

Earthlight convinced me not to do it. He said please hold off until December 15th. He promised me that everything will be different December 15th. He blathered on about NAO, MJO, JLo, who knows what else. He said if he's wrong about DECEMBER 15th then I should go through with it. He also said he'll never post again and he'll shave his head, drain his pool and move to DC, the snow capital of the Northeast. Not by Dulles either, by DCA. Thanks Earthlight and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Earthlight convinced me not to do it. He said please hold off until December 15th. He promised me that everything will be different December 15th. He blathered on about NAO, MJO, JLo, who knows what else. He said if he's wrong about DECEMBER 15th then I should go through with it. He also said he'll never post again and he'll shave his head, drain his pool and move to DC, the snow capital of the Northeast. Not by Dulles either, by DCA. Thanks Earthlight and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This is a drunk post. Admit it.

Archived