• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Part II, Thanksgiving week transient cold shot and the pattern beyond

Typhoon Tip

I came here to see who would bite first. It seems like a highly unlikely but technically possible solution.

That said, even verbatim it's more of a near-miss than a hit, i.e., too warm near the coast and too dry for interior locations to get much out of it. The shortwave is too weak and the cold front is poorly timed.

Was referring to the huge shift in the AK death vortex replaced by a monster hP and definite pattern difference.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see what transpires but I have been hawking the first week of Dec for a while. While not a shift to an arctic outbreak its a shift to normal which is way better than mucho above nornal. Atlantic sems fine, get us a -EPO and a ridge in AK.

It's a setup for greatness. That ridge diverts the cold east of AK. It will ultimatley lead to a wonderful regime if it actually happens.

it's still discouraging to see the low heights over AK on the 00z euro ensembles...but who knows maybe the op is onto something?

Let's see what the new ensembles have. This is a big change so maybe it's a burp or a signal that it may happen beginning 12/10 and finishing 12/25....

Let's see what the new ensembles have. This is a big change so maybe it's a burp or a signal that it may happen beginning 12/10 and finishing 12/25....

you love beating that 12/10 drum lol. Anyway, I think the op change would be considerably before your idea of a pattern change. a 400 m ridge in AK is a huge change from what we've been seeing and the 00z euro ensembles.

you love beating that 12/10 drum lol. Anyway, I think the op change would be considerably before your idea of a pattern change. a 400 m ridge in AK is a huge change from what we've been seeing and the 00z euro ensembles.

I agree. That's why I think they're jumping the gun....lol..

The op runs are everywhere beyond day 7, so tough to get excited unless I see the ensembles suite agree.

They do have those higher heights, and try to shove some cold in here near the 3rd accompanied by some sort of low possible. One of the reasons I thought the 3rd give or take a day, is when something could threaten.

It is a sign of change though..... somethings happening here was it is ain't exactly clear.

There's a man with ensembles over there....telling you ...you've got to be beware.

Hey what's that sound.......vortex in AK no longer around.......

Paranoia strikes deep. Inter your weenie hearts it can creep.

It starts when you're afraid it will rain........fearing more of the same........

There's a man with ensembles over there....telling you ...you've got to be beware.

Hey what's that sound.......vortex in AK no longer around.......

Paranoia strikes deep. Inter your weenie hearts it can creep.

It starts when you're afraid it will rain........fearing more of the same........

You better stop weenies what's that sound, everybody look what's coming down.

There is no storm really just a back end transistion to snow which of course never happens. The OP has been all over the place, was just nice to see a change in the ho hum drum.

Looks like a stalled/slowing front with a wave forming on it and riding up the coast. Too far out to worry about though.

Hopefully the ens look even half as good as the op.

Looks like a stalled/slowing front with a wave forming on it and riding up the coast. Too far out to worry about though.

Hopefully the ens look even half as good as the op.

Actually n/m...the original SE low is from the rotting cutoff. Looks like some of the moisture gets entrained into that front and then that northern stream shortwave/energy redevelop the coastal as it moves northeast. It probably won't verify anything close to that so it doesn't matter anyways.

Archived