Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I wasn't sure how those maps worked. 3hr or 6hr accumulation?

I just added every three hour interval for the area just W of KLAN to come up with that number. I have no idea what goes into the algorithms to make those clown maps. I think your methodology of using the text output is a lot more sound :)

Wow looks like I will be tracking my first potential snowstorm for the season in Central MI... had a dusting of 1/2 inch or so earlier this month. This track on the 12z GFS is just weird going from eastern tennessee to toledo, I don't think I have seen a track like that in a long time.. if everything works out right (not likely) this could be a several inch snowstorm somewhere in the central lakes area :) edit: just bought some nice calcium chloride deicer today expecting some december fun with the coming cool pattern :)

Not sure if it has anything to do with the lack of cold air but the low pressure up in canada looks to inhibit the cold air from coming down early on for this storm. Eventually cold air is brought in when the low intensifies a bit but curious if there were no low up in canada, would there be more cold air available.

NYC, Philly already have more snow than me. Soon parts of the deep south will have more snow than me. Ah, this hobby of ours is so.....whatever. It's only November. I'm going to try and not come unhinged so early.

Hold it together Mike...PHL only has you beat by 0.3", NYC 2.9". Way way way too early to lose it. :lol:

Not sure if it has anything to do with the lack of cold air but the low pressure up in canada looks to inhibit the cold air from coming down early on for this storm. Eventually cold air is brought in when the low intensifies a bit but curious if there were no low up in canada, would there be more cold air available.

That sfc low in Canada is indicative of the fact that the storms are not phased. The Tuesday system is purely southern stream. If the two jets had phased, yeah, that cold air would have got entrained into the storm.

That sfc low in Canada is indicative of the fact that the storms are not phased. The Tuesday system is purely southern stream. If the two jets had phased, yeah, that cold air would have got entrained into the storm.

There is still some time...granted though we are now closing in on 3 days and things can change. It seems now very hard to come close to a phase or partial phase. Interesting enough would be the potential of some dynamic cooling. That deform/trowel looks to produce great QPF and it's a shame the cold air is lacking.

Archived