CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, that would mean Blizz's forecast would bust. Something is wrong, When does that ever happen?

We didn't call him Chief Weenie for nothing...or Rev Kev. Weenie for forecasting an inch or two...Reverend for keeping faith in the best possible outcome.

We didn't call him Chief Weenie for nothing...or Rev Kev. Weenie for forecasting an inch or two...Reverend for keeping faith in the best possible outcome.

LOl, I love the Blizz. I think we had a Winter in the 90's that was a gradient Winter that produced numerous 6-12" snowfalls. I remember a stretch that featured storms getting on an every 5 day type cycle. I did keep a weather journal for myself back then but I have it packed away with college textbooks somewhere in my attic. Any thoughts to what Winter it could have been?

LOl, I love the Blizz. I think we had a Winter in the 90's that was a gradient Winter that produced numerous 6-12" snowfalls. I remember a stretch that featured storms getting on an every 5 day type cycle. I did keep a weather journal for myself back then but I have it packed away with college textbooks somewhere in my attic. Any thoughts to what Winter it could have been?

Probably '93-'94...lots of snow in a gradient pattern. The 2nd half of '92-'93 was like that too.

All the leaves are now down..Even the Oaks are just about totally bare.. Amazing all the limbs the trees have on them that are just dangling like a weenie. Almost every tree has some broken or dangling limbs all over the N tier of the state. Literally I would say 70-80% of the trees were damaged or disfigured to various degrees. Last cleanup of the yard tomorrow. Hardcore cleanup involving all the beds, blowing and then one final mowing. Grass is as green as mid summer which is amazing to me

All the leaves are now down..Even the Oaks are just about totally bare.. Amazing all the limbs the trees have on them that are just dangling like a weenie. Almost every tree has some broken or dangling limbs all over the N tier of the state. Literally I would say 70-80% of the trees were damaged or disfigured to various degrees. Last cleanup of the yard tomorrow. Hardcore cleanup involving all the beds, blowing and then one final mowing. Grass is as green as mid summer which is amazing to me

When the family and I were up at Ward Reservation last weekend you could look up into the hills and see all these spots of baige, it was the sun reflecting off the liters that had snapped during the snowstorm, I think they had around 14 inches up that way, elevation up and over 800ft. The damage hiking on the trails was pretty amazing, limbs down everywhere, like you could not walk more than 20 ft without a liter or branch in the way.

That's because your lawn has ceased being a natural, living organism. It's now a petroleum based substance with a green hue.

Archived