CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's it. 98.4" here that season as per Chesterfield Co-OP. Anyway to figure out the exact location that the old Co-Op was sited ?

Not sure of the exact location but the coop was at 1430 feet until 1990 and then it was moved to a different site at 1340 feet.

The post-1990 location is listed as 42'23 N 72'51 W

Although this storm blows..in a month and throughout January and February these would be great little 3-6"/4-8" events like 95.

Just 10 degrees too warm to start today.

yep. just too much boundary layer warmth right now...36-38F is tough to really do much at other than mix in some slop at times. plus, the sub freezing layer aloft isn't that cold until you start getting up toward 3500 feet or so...there's a pretty large layer - at least per the the modeled profiles - that were rather marginal.

later in the season it would have had a lot more going for it...nevermind flushing out a putrid 65F air mass 24 hours earlier.

yep. just too much boundary layer warmth right now...36-38F is tough to really do much at other than mix in some slop at times. plus, the sub freezing layer aloft isn't that cold until you start getting up toward 3500 feet or so...there's a pretty large layer - at least per the the modeled profiles - that were rather marginal.

later in the season it would have had a lot more going for it...nevermind flushing out a putrid 65F air mass 24 hours earlier.

It's early like you said. This one just didn't have the dynamics after that initial punch. If we have a season full of these types of events SE MA would do very well.

It's early like you said. This one just didn't have the dynamics after that initial punch. If we have a season full of these types of events SE MA would do very well.

At least you have flakes nearby. I never really saw anything here, other then mangled weenies that were barely discernible in the street light.

GFS FTL.................again.

I had rain, I just mean it didn't flip over. It wasn't a total loss from the GFS as it had moisture back to the Berks, but it was too wet I think across central ma. We kind of surmised that this morning. Although, it did hint at the chance of some light stuff a couple of days ago. It just became too wet.

I had rain, I just mean it didn't flip over. It wasn't a total loss from the GFS as it had moisture back to the Berks, but it was too wet I think across central ma. We kind of surmised that this morning. Although, it did hint at the chance of some light stuff a couple of days ago. It just became too wet.

gfs was way overdone, its lower resolution hurts it in these setups.......the precip fields are just too vague, Nam did a good job, never, ever ever ever bet against the nam euro tag team, ever.

gfs was way overdone, its lower resolution hurts it in these setups.......the precip fields are just too vague, Nam did a good job, never, ever ever ever bet against the nam euro tag team, ever.

NAM was way east. A euro/gfs compromise with more weight to the euro works. SREFs had a good idea too.

Nam was on the money, it had sprinkles getting into this area and maybe a flake back to orh which is exactly all they got.

Nam is now king.

It had nothing west of us, which turned out wrong. Euro was definitely the closest...I think it had a few hundreths here.

And you are King weenie.

ok, whatever, this was a total non event west of I95 and even east of there it was lackluster at best, I thought the NAM did well, oh well. It is now time to retire with my better half, have a sam adams bonfire and watch xmas vacation, its a tradition every year, we watch it at least twice.

Goodnite

and happy festivus

ok, whatever, this was a total non event west of I95 and even east of there it was lackluster at best, I thought the NAM did well, oh well. It is now time to retire with my better half, have a sam adams bonfire and watch xmas vacation, its a tradition every year, we watch it at least twice.

Goodnite

and happy festivus

:weenie:

Joe is just nervous for the big game tonight.

Jeez... I almost forgot! Tebow time! lol

Been steady mood snow since 4:10 PM or so... very light, not accumulating, even on my deck in the end. I thought it was, but my eyes deceived me.

We just had a Cub Scout meeting. The last one was Oct 27 and we drove back in a near white out (the 3" even before the Pumpkin Thumper)

Jeez... I almost forgot! Tebow time! lol

Been steady mood snow since 4:10 PM or so... very light, not accumulating, even on my deck in the end. I thought it was, but my eyes deceived me.

We just had a Cub Scout meeting. The last one was Oct 27 and we drove back in a near white out (the 3" even before the Pumpkin Thumper)

I was hoping for legit flakes. We had an inch in that storm I think, but it's always nice to see snow actually falling. I wasn't home for that storm.

Didn't get it today...I don't count slush disaster flakes as snow.

I was hoping for legit flakes. We had an inch in that storm I think, but it's always nice to see snow actually falling. I wasn't home for that storm.

Didn't get it today...I don't count slush disaster flakes as snow.

I'm not even posting a T... the flakes last Friday were more interesting, even though I only saw a couple. Ashburnham and Gardner got a nice squall from that.

33.9F attm, SN-------

Archived