northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What action can be taken against them? I remember National Grid getting fined a couple mill back a couple winters ago.

I dont think much can be taken against them because I am not a legislative expert. Maybe something can.

I was just saying how much more ineffective they have been in every storm thus far and I think Steve is too (Ginx)...National Grid has embarrassed them. CL&P seemed completely unprepared for this and they are sitting there blaming Ryan for the forecast when that is a huge joke. They should have known it would be a huge problem and have every resource available.

Why is MA so ahead of them again? They had the excuse in Irene that CT was hit harder (which is true...but not to the extent they lagged)....But in this storm, MA has similar numbers (maybe even more?) without power and they are embarrassing them yet again. Why does CT still have like 200-250k customers without power as of Nov 5 when NG is down to like 30k? Those numbers do not match. Esp since MA has some huge problems early on too....big problems. The huge problems in MA seemed to have gotten fixed much quicker than CT.

I do not know the specifics of each grid, but I do know they are blaming the forecast....why was NG not blaming the forecast and much quicker to resolve the power issues? Maybe its MA gave more resources? I find that doubtful...but again, I am not an expert on this, so I will defer to those who have knowledge. Its either a CT problem or a CL&P problem and based on CL&P's response attacking the forecasts...it makes the general reasoning person think its a CL&P problem when they start attacking guys like Ryan on facebook for his exact timing on the forecast when it has little to do with a longer term preparation for massive power outages. (like how does Ryan's forecast timing have any major impact on how fast CL&P is getting power back to its customers on Nov 5th???)

I'm making a huge post...telling these idiots off. This is what I have so far:

Northeast Utilities You're idiots...flat out morons. You idiots screwed up during Irene and you screwed up here, and don't deny it. The proof is everywhere. Many who are involved with weather knew days ahead of time how bad this would be, you guys failed to take the warnings and everyone is coming around to see that. All you guys have done is backtrack your words and it's pathetic. Put down the crayons, step out of the bathroom, and learn how to read. If you need education many of us will be glad to give it to you. Judging by your interviews and crap posted everywhere it sounds as if you guys need a quite a bit of education.

Any snow left where you are? Not really anything here save for some patches in shady areas and the piles from the plows. 25.9º here now. I think there will be some teens around here tonight. I had 19.0º on Monday morning, I may beat it.

21/20, Hi Mitch. we'reholding snow here in my glen. South facing aspects have burned off but all the North facing pitches still hold decent snow., The shaded spots in my yard still have 8-12" and our snow fort, while having suffered a few setbacks is still mostly intact. I'm just hoping to have some of the big piles and stufff in the shade survu=ive until the next snowfall. Unfortunately it does look pretty mild this week. After seeing the SN+ last weekend I really want Winter to take hold immediately. Should hit the teens here again tonight.

Northeast Utilities You're idiots...flat out morons. You idiots screwed up during Irene and you screwed up here, and don't deny it. The proof is everywhere. Many who are involved with weather knew days ahead of time how bad this would be, you guys failed to take the warnings and everyone is coming around to see that. All you guys have done is backtrack your words and it's pathetic. Put down the crayons, step out of the bathroom, and learn how to read. If you need education many of us will be glad to give it to you. Judging by your interviews and crap posted everywhere it sounds as if you guys need a quite a bit of education.

That is beneath you. You do not need to stoop to that level.

I just got a response from CL&P on twitter....HAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is what I said on twitter...

The upper management at #CL&P are PATHETIC. These morons make me laugh. Go color on your bathroom walls you uneducated idiots.

This was the response...

CLandPowerless (CL&Powerless)

@weatherwiz We're too busy coloring in the grid of homes without power #CLandPowerless

Maybe I should delete it?

Its up to you, but their record speaks for itself. They know how much worse they are doing than the MA power companies. But they have pretty much zero ground to pick on Ryan if they are obsessing over 3 or 4 hours on the onset of the snow....the main point was that big accumulating snow (for October >3" kills trees with foliage...and sometimes even less) for forecast. They can blame the timing all they want, but that makes them look even dumber when its a week after the event started.

Everyone was warned at the huge problems this would present. Maybe they subscribe to a crappy wx service as I wondered earlier? Sounds like they do not subscribe to anyone at all (oops...huge mistake)....and just read public forecasts and hope they can get an idea that way. Horrible by them if they do that...and if they have to stoop to blaming a TV met who hammered the event as a big imact, then shame on them.

A big company like that should be subscribing to a met service or something to tell them in their backyard in their own terms how bad it could be. If they don't, then that is horrendous by them. They deserved to be killed for not even having their own weather info and try to pry it away for themselves....wx services would told them what would happen.

Its up to you, but their record speaks for itself. They know how much worse they are doing than the MA power companies. But they have pretty much zero ground to pick on Ryan if they are obsessing over 3 or 4 hours on the onset of the snow....the main point was that big accumulating snow (for October >3" kills trees with foliage...and sometimes even less) for forecast. They can blame the timing all they want, but that makes them look even dumber when its a week after the event started.

Everyone was warned at the huge problems this would present. Maybe they subscribe to a crappy wx service as I wondered earlier? Sounds like they do not subscribe to anyone at all (oops...huge mistake)....and just read public forecasts and hope they can get an idea that way. Horrible by them if they do that...and if they have to stoop to blaming a TV met who hammered the event as a big imact, then shame on them.

A big company like that should be subscribing to a met service or something to tell them in their backyard in their own terms how bad it could be. If they don't, then that is horrendous by them. They deserved to be killed for not even having their own weather info and try to pry it away for themselves....wx services would told them what would happen.

That's what upsets me, is that they blamed weather forecasts when yet there was a meteorologist and a news station in this state who was harping on this. This isn't really the first time too CL&P has had problems, they've had lawsuits on them before for their lack of preparations and response.

And that response I got on twitter :lmao: I never thought I would get a response on that and the response was pathetic.

That's what upsets me, is that they blamed weather forecasts when yet there was a meteorologist and a news station in this state who was harping on this. This isn't really the first time too CL&P has had problems, they've had lawsuits on them before for their lack of preparations and response.

And that response I got on twitter :lmao: I never thought I would get a response on that and the response was pathetic.

Engaging them on facebook or twitter IMHO accomplishes nothing.

Engaging them on facebook or twitter IMHO accomplishes nothing.

You're right it doesn't.

Actually I don't think it was them that responded to me on twitter...this was the account that replied t me..

weatherwiz (Paul)

@CLandPowerless Just listen to weather forecasts better from now on. Subscribe to someone who knows what they're talking about. It will help

That's the CL&Ps twitter account

Me FTL :axe:

You're right it doesn't.

Actually I don't think it was them that responded to me on twitter...this was the account that replied t me..

weatherwiz (Paul)

@CLandPowerless Just listen to weather forecasts better from now on. Subscribe to someone who knows what they're talking about. It will help

It does show how dumb they are at least. Horrific management.

Talking about "subscribing to someone". They obviously subscribe to someone that has no clue, or not all for weather.

d

One of these days I'm going to get sued by either Whalers Sports & Entertainment or something else. I like my tough opinions though, sure I can be degrading but I think people like it.

You aren;t to get sued on here as long as you do not break any laws....relaying opinion is not illegal and not using public info to do that. If you use illegal non-public info, then you might. But that is not an issue here.

d

You aren;t to get sued on here as long as you do not break any laws....relaying opinion is not illegal and not using public info to do that. If you use illegal non-public info, then you might. But that is not an issue here.

Oh Good. I love giving my opinion and why not? Especially in situations like this. They were the ones that flamed first, what do they expect? And for 117K still to be w/o power is pretty pathetic...hell 51% of West Hartford is w/o power...that's a LOT. This is a huge city.

This is great. I love this guy

Tolland Town Manager Openly Blasts CL&P

'This company … remains with the corporate line of baloney whenever a question is asked'

• email_icon.png

By DON STACOM, [email protected] The Hartford Courant 9:02 p.m. EDT, November 5, 2011

TOLLAND —— A full week after the pre-Halloween snowstorm hit, Town Manager Steve Werbner was still surrounded by chaos.

More than half of his town was struggling to get by without lights or heat.

Connecticut Light & Power's promises of line crews and tree crews kept falling through.

So Saturday afternoon, Werbner told his town of 15,000 exactly what was going wrong.

Like his colleagues in dozens of communities, Werbner was exasperated with the CL&P's delays in restoring power – or even providing solid estimates about when it would. So he wrote a stark, candid account of his views on who is failing in their work, then sent it in an email blast to residents.

He wrote:

"It is now 3 pm. and I have just met with our CL&P representative. The news is no better at this point.

"Our percentage outage has gone from 50% to 56%, which to me means we are going in the wrong direction. Our elderly housing complex remains without power due to a problem with the pole in the area. This is a priority, but no time frame for repair is given.

"We have one line crew on Old Stafford Road and a crew in Willington working on Route 32 feeder lines. The crew working on Old Post has not completed their work, but it appears they have left. The four line crews we were to receive have not shown up.

"Roads with low-hanging wires interfering with fire apparatus include potions of Browns Bridge Road, Cook Road, Eastview Terrace, Fox Ridge Drive, Gottier Road, Grahaber Road, Grandview Street, Harriet Drive, Kozley Road, Mountain Spring Road, Nedwied Road, Shenipsit Lake Road, Sugar Hill Road, Webber Road, Willie Circle. Numerous other roads have wires lying on the side of the road.

"I have informed our CL&P representative, who is doing a good job with what he has to work with, that his company has no credibility with me and that their performance is beyond unacceptable.

"I have just come from our elderly complex and several residents are huddled in the only room that has generator power trying to keep warm. Twenty residents remain at our senior center where they have been all week. Some 3,000 residents are facing another night with no power and no heat on a night when temperatures are anticipated to be in the thirties.

"I personally have seen convoys of trucks leaving the TOLLAND CL&P service area office headed to other towns. While I understand things are bad elsewhere, TOLLAND continues to receive a disproportionate percentage of available resources in comparison to our outage figures. The inability of CL&P to be able to tell us where crews have gone, work plans for the remaining light hours, repair time for highest priorities, how they plan to address roads that have downed wires causing safety concerns is beyond belief.

"As your town manager I will continue to advocate on your behalf, but I tell you my frustrations are reaching a boiling point as are yours. This company even under intense criticism continues to beat to its own drummer and remains with the corporate line of baloney whenever a question is asked. If crews were assigned to our EOC [emergency operations center] under our direction, the town would be in much better shape on day seven of Storm Alfred's aftermath.

"All I can say is keeping calling CL&P and lodge your complaints, and don't let 'em snow you with their responses. This company has to be held accountable for this mess but right now all I want for TOLLAND are crews and POWER."

The public reps and even managers do not deserve the criticism, it is the board of directors. The people you are talking to are just the lightning rods.

Every company is out to make a profit. CL&P is likely hedging that profits will outweigh negative publicity, esp in this age of tactical monopolies.

LOL..It will be totally gone by Wednesday

I doubt it. This area received as much as 38" for the Thursday to Sunday period last week. There are huge piles that will certainly remain until Spring. I'm sure most of my trails will be back to bare ground by the week's end given the warm temps that are forecast but I've had over a week of pre season fun on the snow. It's awesome, I've had about 3/5ths of your average seasonal snowfall.....before Halloween.

I doubt it. This area received as much as 38" for the Thursday to Sunday period last week. There are huge piles that will certainly remain until Spring. I'm sure most of my trails will be back to bare ground by the week's end given the warm temps that are forecast but I've had over a week of pre season fun on the snow. It's awesome, I've had about 3/5ths of your average seasonal snowfall.....before Halloween.

that's a funny way of thinking of it.. about 7/5ths of mine.

You're right it doesn't.

weatherwiz (Paul)

Yeah...obviously not the real CL&P twitter. :lol:

One of these days I'm going to get sued by either Whalers Sports & Entertainment or something else. I like my tough opinions though, sure I can be degrading but I think people like it.

Degrading insults are a terrible way to get a point across. If it was me I'd laugh the immaturity of them off.

Archived