Newest Member
    Toothache
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who doesn't like violent catpaws? lol

Phil would be happier than anyone with 50kt winds in his face. He is a storm weenie, but I love a good storm myself. There's something cool about getting a storm that whips rain or snow in your face at 50kts. Who cares about ratios when that happens.

One interesting element--at least for a first event of the year situation will be the roads. It would seem that if we get some low ratio snows on the roads and have the temps drop into the forecasted 20's, they might be a little slick.

Either way--no need to worry about clearing the driveway. Even if I get 4", it'll be shortlived as an October snow. No need to clear anything until we're developing the seasonal pack.

40.5/38

i wouldn't go for more than an inch anywhere under 1k

the ground is mild and most precip is outta here by 7pm on the latest models

for w. mass and vt nearly all precip falls during the day....with much less during evening...i think even elevations up to 1500 or so could get a sloppy gloppy inch but not much more

for SNH 2 inches for socks 1/2 glop for will and other E and low lying will see first flakes and that's it.

i like savoy state park and woodford state park as jackpots with the top of wa wa getting several as well but those are the only areas i would give more than 2 inches to

Phil would be happier than anyone with 50kt winds in his face. He is a storm weenie, but I love a good storm myself. There's something cool about getting a storm that whips rain or snow in your face at 50kts. Who cares about ratios when that happens.

Yeah I love storm days. We don't get the winds in low elevations like you guys on the coast, but the upper mountain at the ski area can be brutal during some events. The worst is sleet when you are mixing down a 60-70kt H85 jet out of the SE or something...it's like getting shot with a pellet gun in the face.

Nothing better than the sound of flapping Gore-Tex.

it's looking to me like S vt is pretty much the only lock for sizeable accums i.e....woodford state park at 2300 ftw

I'm also sold on towns like rowe mass savoy mass etc peru mass i.e 1800' + getting hammered as well

i do wonder if MPM's 1000' will be enough if most precip falls by 6pm over the area.

Archived