joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first wave will get suppressed a bit more, and the second one will amplify a bit more to come to the perfect solution of back to back snow storms for SNE and major screwage for NNE

And then NNE will laugh the rest of the winter with SWFEs that give us snow to sleet while powderfreak dances naked and talks about upslope snows after the storm passes.

laugh.gif

Meanwhile Canadian a little more south with the first storm, but maybe snowing at 00z in ORH?

The RGEM was heavy snow here at 00z as I posted on the collaboration ptype maps...so I'm assuming the Canadian is too. Soon the post-48hr maps will be out. I'm sure its snow here at 03z.

Lol, the GGEM is much faster than the RGEM because at 51h, the precip is almost done, while at 48h on the RGEM on the ptype maps there is still a lot of precip to go through...the loop has a big disconnect...thats the problem with looping a ptype algorithm from two different models.

Those models will shift around like nobody's business. The run to run consistency is laughable.

Its def good though that we are seeing a shift back W from the GFS/Ukie and the GFS ensembles. The Euro might be schooling everyone in this...i doubt the Euro perfect track is right, but it might end up being the winner even if its just a generally weaker storm much closer to the coast...could drop more snow for some of the favored areas...obviously we'd love the perfect solution where even the low elevations clean up.

Its def good though that we are seeing a shift back W from the GFS/Ukie and the GFS ensembles. The Euro might be schooling everyone in this...i doubt the Euro perfect track is right, but it might end up being the winner even if its just a generally weaker storm much closer to the coast...could drop more snow for some of the favored areas...obviously we'd love the perfect solution where even the low elevations clean up.

I should clarify that meant the Ukie and the Canadian. At least the GFS will eventually catch on and not swing around wildly.

I'm happy with the shift west on the GFS op and ensembles. It's not a violent 300 mile shift, but a respectable shift that sort of hints at the potential of something coming up.

I should clarify that meant the Ukie and the Canadian. At least the GFS will eventually catch on and not swing around wildly.

I'm happy with the shift west on the GFS op and ensembles. It's not a violent 300 mile shift, but a respectable shift that sort of hints at the potential of something coming up.

Oh I agree about the Ukie and GGEM...they will show a BGM snowbomb one run and then show Phil getting nude the next run...their consistency is horrible.

But its def good that we have some shift west is what I meant. Those other models are def hard to take seriously in the medium range. Ukie is ok, but it still likes extremes.

Oh I agree about the Ukie and GGEM...they will show a BGM snowbomb one run and then show Phil getting nude the next run...their consistency is horrible.

But its def good that we have some shift west is what I meant. Those other models are def hard to take seriously in the medium range. Ukie is ok, but it still likes extremes.

The 00z Ukie has some pretty high thicknesses--not sure on it's credibility in that department...but even the GFS has much lower thicknesses on Saturday as the storm tracks SE of LI.

Euro coming a little south not too surprisingly given the other guidance. Gives me a chance of some snow.

Yeah came south a little bit like we thought based on other guidance but nothing near the NAM/SREF type solutions. But good enough to give me a burst and possible a couple inches.

Yeah came south a little bit like we thought based on other guidance but nothing near the NAM/SREF type solutions. But good enough to give me a burst and possible a couple inches.

Yeah this solution seems plausible. I think we are honing in on your first measurable of the season...and not just a coating.

Archived