• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Oct Banter/Obs IV...........

Mr Torchey

Well I hate the fact that every termite infested limb that is knocked down gets reported. Tough to get an actual report of svr winds as they either have to hit an ASOS/AWOS perfectly, or someone's Davis mounted near a forest. We know they probably occurred in an area..but it can be tough to get actual verification. Hail is obviously much easier to verify.

The issues with dead trees and limbs seems to be quite common here in New England so it's just something we have to deal with I guess. It really is very difficult to get verification on wind speeds b/c only airports and ASOS/AWOS stations measure winds and not many people stand outside during a storm with an anemometer. To make the severe report though limbs do have to be a certain size so even if they are dead and probably easier to knock down it probably still takes some decent winds to knock them down. Although for the smaller branches/limbs they can come down in winds that are really nothing.

I'm not sure if there is any work being done on this aspect but for power lines and such I believe only high tension wires are not only reportable as opposed to just phone lines and such.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilma in October 2005 comes to mind. Tropical connection brought 2-3 feet of snow to the Greens above 2,000ft in 2005. Killington had like 80 trails opened in late October because of that. It was like 3 feet of paste covering everything. Moisture train up the east coast into barely sub 0C H85 temps. Isothermal 2-4" QPF bomb from like 2,000ft to 5,000ft.

exactly what i was thinking

those snows also fell on wildcat (whose base is 2k) upper mtn. had 3 feet :) the mtn opened in late october. that's all i'm rooting for with this system

Outside of 495 probably. Kevin would be lucky to get a flake lol.

I can't see soundings yet, but given 850 temps and sweet spot in mid levels..probably would be at least an ending as snow for many away from the coast anyways.

I know you know this, but peeps need to realize how far away this is. Just merely for entertainment purposes.

I can't see soundings yet, but given 850 temps and sweet spot in mid levels..probably would be at least an ending as snow for many away from the coast anyways.

I know you know this, but peeps need to realize how far away this is. Just merely for entertainment purposes.

Yeah seems like there's a nice latitude gradient enough to screw CT Blizz with a dumbfounding inch of slop in ORH

Oh no, We are going to start the year right and hold you to it verbatim.... ;)

Archived