wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Wednesday Soaking

tmagan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you two should try a new show, this one is getting old. It's still raining with embedded heavier bands. Also, let's see what happens later with the second part.

LOL-just calling it as I see it--2nd part likely to miss to the east. SE New England will get that and the bigger rainfall totals. Euro and GFS had the right idea on this one.

Seriously. That is a pretty sick radar shot. The first batch isn't even over yet and people are calling it already? Wtf?

its the same two people over and over, so lets not generalize. Its pouring here and the echos are building with a strong tropical like feed into this thing.

its the same two people over and over, so lets not generalize. Its pouring here and the echos are building with a strong tropical like feed into this thing.

Some people just do not know how to use a radar and nowcast. Strong rain banding can produce a significant amount of rain in a short period. And as you stated, the tropical feed keeps intensifying the rainfall rates.

I think this is the first event in a while that every model missed on the location and the timing of the heavy rain that came through this morning.

Looking at the complex interaction between several lows, tropical moisture, an unusually deep closed low so far south I can see why.

The gfs already busted horribly.

I said the GFS had the right idea....with the lower amounts and heaviest going to SE new england...not saying it was right verbatim....the NAM had 2-3 inches yesterday while the GFS was clearly too low. Euro was also lower.... given the 12pm totals with most areas showing .60 or less and radar showing only light or moderate rains over the area and nothing south of central Jersey shore, most don't get more than an inch out of this. 2nd batch is questionable-stuff off NC is heading NE and will clearly miss while another Batch over VA doesnt look all that impressive. Upton radar looks shows heavy stuff heading to SE New England... Just my 2 cents of course

http://radar.weather...101111&loop=yes

prob another 30min of light showers up here, then it breaks up. I think Danbury is around .85 for the day so far.

Some more precip breaking out over the delmarva, even some convection it appears. The last few bands to come through were far more tropical than the rains this morning.

the ecmwf has another .5-1" after 00z

And it has 1.50" total rain now (including this morning).

.50"-.75" from 8pm tonight through 8am tomorrow.

Unlike the GFS and NAM, the 2nd piece in the Carolinas, hits NYC right on the head, instead of missing way east.

And it has 1.50" total rain now (including this morning).

.50"-.75" from 8pm tonight through 8am tomorrow.

Unlike the GFS and NAM, the 2nd piece in the Carolinas, hits NYC right on the head, instead of missing way east.

exactly, it's not sliding east. Not one rain drop has missed NYC this year, why would be it be any different? suspect some type of feedback on the GFS and NAM. Euro is not going to mess up this close.

exactly, it's not sliding east. Not one rain drop has missed NYC this year, why would be it be any different? suspect some type of feedback on the GFS and NAM. Euro is not going to mess up this close.

if that happens, I will cry uncle! Hear what you are saying about things not missing, but have a hard time seeing how it comes straight north when usually precip off hatteras tends to slide northeast....

Archived