Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Your Approach to Managing Leaf Drop--A Poll

moneypitmike

34 members have voted

1. 1. During the fall leaf drop season, I

• Continually have a leaf free lawn because I grab each leaf before it even hits the ground
    • I clear it more than twice
    • I clear it twice
    • I clear it once--only after the last leaf has dropped
    • Meh--the wind will blow them away eventually
  2. 2. When it comes to clearing leaves, I

• do it myself (and maybe draft my kids)
    • I pay someone to do it while I watch football

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cars getting washed right now because it's raining.

I don't think I've actually washed a car by hand in about 5 years. I might have used a carwash once since then, but I'm not sure.

We won't talk about the inside--that is admittedly a disaster. But, I try to clean it up once a month or so.....whether it needs it or not.

52.3/52

I just mucked out the empty beer cans, clothes and soda bottles out of mine..... :thumbsup:

A buudy of mine i think is worse then you, He pushes his truck out of the garage which is a standard and rolls it down the driveway to start it to save the starter...

Save the starter, destroy the back...

I thought starting a car that way was actually bad for it somehow...(rolling start). Compression messed up or something?

One thing I forgot to mention that I do every year after all the leaves are down is to rent a walk-behind leaf blower for a weekend and blow the entire length of our three-thenths of a mile driveway. It's usually a late October or November job and blowing the leaves off the driveway seems to reduce the severity of mud season the following spring. I also blow out the ditches--leaves, sticks, etc. This is key for getting good drainage come snow-melt time.

2066116245_31f401215b.jpg

A buudy of mine i think is worse then you, He pushes his truck out of the garage which is a standard and rolls it down the driveway to start it to save the starter...

A little hard on the clutch after a lot of starts that way, I would think. Once in a while's ok, I would guess, but after a lot of starts that way, some wear & tear might show up... I dunno, some people say it's no big deal.

I'm shocked I'm the only one who has someone do it for me. I'm a lazy sh*t, I guess.

make that 2...lawn service takes them in November every year (same company does a good chunk of the street so they clear them all together-no blowing from an unkempt yard to a clean yard)...LOL....and then does final cut.

I don't have the leaf issue, but I imagine decayed leaves on a driveway would be similar to leaving cut grass shavings there. It would turn to mulch/dirt and be a great breeding area for grass and weeds gain a foothold and take it over. Paved driveways excepted of course.

One thing I forgot to mention that I do every year after all the leaves are down is to rent a walk-behind leaf blower for a weekend and blow the entire length of our three-thenths of a mile driveway. It's usually a late October or November job and blowing the leaves off the driveway seems to reduce the severity of mud season the following spring. I also blow out the ditches--leaves, sticks, etc. This is key for getting good drainage come snow-melt time.

2066116245_31f401215b.jpg

A little hard on the clutch after a lot of starts that way, I would think. Once in a while's ok, I would guess, but after a lot of starts that way, some wear & tear might show up... I dunno, some people say it's no big deal.

I don't have the leaf issue, but I imagine decayed leaves on a driveway would be similar to leaving cut grass shavings there. It would turn to mulch/dirt and be a great breeding area for grass and weeds gain a foothold and take it over. Paved driveways excepted of course.

Yep, they get all mixed in with the gravel and dirt, decay, and make the whole thing more organic and muddy come spring. Blowing the leaves off the road and out of the drainage ditches has made a world of difference come mud season. The mud here can be vicious...and viscous for that matter. ;)

Yep, they get all mixed in with the gravel and dirt, decay, and make the whole thing more organic and muddy come spring. Blowing the leaves off the road and out of the drainage ditches has made a world of difference come mud season. The mud here can be vicious...and viscous for that matter. ;)

LOL.

Expecting to return home tomorrow to a leaf disaster after yesterday''s rains and today's winds. Better get on the phone for estimates with some lawn care folks.

45.5/45

Expecting to return home tomorrow to a leaf disaster after yesterday''s rains and today's winds. Better get on the phone for estimates with some lawn care folks.

Big leaf drop here yesterday and into today. Quite windy out there. As I type, I'm watching the leaves swirl out the window like giant yellow snowflakes.

Actually, around the house here, the only things with leaves left on them are the smaller sapling trees that are protected somewhat from the wind. The big old trees are as bare as a baby's behind.

Good luck with cleanup!

Not much left now. All over but the shouting. Ready for the snow. Mike, for the love of God, don't admit you actually hire people to do your leaf clean-up. Geez.

I never thought I would ever do that. But last year, the circumstances of things needing to get done kind of neccesitated it. After it, I thought that that was the best money I had ever spent. lol

Also, I will be working with 4 (maybe 6 depending on thow things go) 50-70' trees starting this week. These include the one hit by ilghtning a few weeks ago. I'll be taking them down and starting in on wood for winters yet-to-come. That has a much more significant impact on my life than leaves (or lack thereof) on my lawn.

Archived