joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Maria Banter Thread

snowNH

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Will said it's kind of ridiculous given the time frame and the fact the pattern doesn't look favorable. There's really no need to track every single invest/depression in the Carib/Atl on this subforum...especially those south of 15N. It's probably better to just discuss it in the main forum thread at this point.

We get one neutered 'cane and I guess New England is suddenly a hot bed for tropical landfalls.

:devilsmiley:

Seriously? who cares, when NWS has Five day track near the Bahamas you bet ur ass I want to talk about it, many of the same people who had Irene dead and I can go back and quote, are making absolutes. Why does this bother you or anyone else. It's OK to talk about LR forecasting in our sub forum but not about MR trop storms?

So? Should we banter about next winter?

No, I'm just pointing out that if someone started a thread for a threat at 264 hours in the winter, it would probably get ridiculed and then deleted. There is really no point in discussing a threat that far out because its pure randomness.

Discussing the storm in its current state has threads on the main wx side.

This thread is already made, so we'll keep it, but in the future it should be a little closer in for getting New England-centric about it.

No, I'm just pointing out that if someone started a thread for a threat at 264 hours in the winter, it would probably get ridiculed and then deleted. There is really no point in discussing a threat that far out because its pure randomness.

This thread is already made, so we'll keep it, but in the future it should be a little closer in for getting New England-centric about it.

Next winter is pure randomness too, just look back at all the failed multi paragraph posts from last year. I fail to see why us discussing a trop storm with a five day in the Bahamas would bother anyone. I would rather die than post in the main thread with those hounds deleting every post. Storm 2 K junior.

Deal. I just got tired at looking at...

"Rain. 64/59"

"What a torch.."

"Perfect summer!!!"

lol

Next winter is pure randomness too, just look back at all the failed multi paragraph posts from last year. I fail to see why us discussing a trop storm with a five day in the Bahamas would bother anyone. I would rather die than post in the main thread with those hounds deleting every post. Storm 2 K junior.

It's a New England forum. The odds of any particular tropical system affecting us are extremely low. We told the black ops to back off a bit on the moderating in the main forum threads so you don't have to worry about S2K. If any of you guys think you had a solid wx post deleted over there for no good reason then just swing me a PM. I'm all for less moderation when it comes to pure weather posts.

I know it sounds hypocritical to say this (considering I want less superthreads), but it's probably a better idea to keep a general tropical thread going in here and then pull a storm out into its own thread (like Irene) when it is more warranted. Otherwise it's going to end up looking like a Bahamas subforum in here.

It's a New England forum. The odds of any particular tropical system affecting us are extremely low. We told the black ops to back off a bit on the moderating in the main forum threads so you don't have to worry about S2K. If any of you guys think you had a solid wx post deleted over there for no good reason then just swing me a PM. I'm all for less moderation when it comes to pure weather posts.

I know it sounds hypocritical to say this (considering I want less superthreads), but it's probably a better idea to keep a general tropical thread going in here and then pull a storm out into its own thread (like Irene) when it is more warranted. Otherwise it's going to end up looking like a Bahamas subforum in here.

Ok great idea, a general trop thread is cool. Peace out.

Brian was the biggest pusher for sub forums, now they are finding out the main page besides tropiclique is never used. You reap what you sow, told ya so.

Your point? I'm happy with how the subforums have turned out. There was way too much volume on the wx side for just one forum in the winter. Why do you always get nasty when you disagree?

Your point? I'm happy with how the subforums have turned out. There was way too much volume on the wx side for just one forum in the winter. Why do you always get nasty when you disagree?

Nasty nah maybe it's the writing style? Sorry bro, you know I am right though, damn I miss a lot of great threads now because there are so many subregions.

Nasty nah maybe it's the writing style? Sorry bro, you know I am right though, damn I miss a lot of great threads now because there are so many subregions.

It's probably writing style...when I read some of your replies to me I picture you hitting your keys really hard. lol

And btw...I don't think you're right. :)

Anyways...back to the trop talk I suppose.

It's probably writing style...when I read some of your replies to me I picture you hitting your keys really hard. lol

And btw...I don't think you're right. :)

Anyways...back to the trop talk I suppose.

Lol hard to hit IPAD keys hard, sorry again. Ready for this one? , our next threat comes on the next new moon, guess the date., no cheating.

Brian was the biggest pusher for sub forums, now they are finding out the main page besides tropiclique is never used. You reap what you sow, told ya so.

Realy? You don't like the New England forum on it's own? Or is it the fact that philly & NYC have separate forums, or other forums that you don't like to see broken out? I like the format, and would find less use talking about a nor'easter in one of the other forums, or in one huge group, especially with people who wouldn't really give a crap about the storm (southern folks, etc.). It may feel clicky but I think the groups work well.

. . . Let's get back to the definite threat of Maria.

:arrowhead:

Wow, I just love how this thread ended up puking all over itself, I agree on the tropical threat's, Unless there is one thats imminent, Then it should just be discussed in one of the other threads that are going, There are plenty of summer/fall ones going on here in our region, Like others have said, Pretty remote chance we get hit with any significant tropical system up here, The odds are against us.

Of more importance perhaps is the first potential cool shot of the season. I'll wait and see if it happens, because I think the se ridge has been flexing its muscle..but the potential is there.

Yeah, by the end of next week 850's dip below 0C for the far northern portions of VT/NH/ME. Than sags even further S for just about everyone except CT/RI/most of MA. Lows would be in the 30's with that.

Archived