e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part III

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wave for Wednesday night-Thursday looks interesting, but I doubt it'll be more than just a cold rain for NYC and its north/western suburbs. 850 mb temps are near zero or slightly below freezing as the wave moves through, but the 925 mb layer is above freezing and the surface temperatures are still in the 40s. Perhaps interior areas may see some flakes out of this towards far NW NJ/interior SE NY, especially further north towards New England, but I'm not getting my hopes up for any surprise near NYC. The storm potential early next week though looks more interesting for the Northeast, and maybe if it ends far south enough with the right timing, parts of the NYC area could see something out of it.

Actually what i do not understand is all the talk about the temperatures being so warm etc...

KLGA as of yesterday is only sitting at +1 for the month...

Now I could see that if you are in Northern and Central New England you could be talking about warmth and above normal temps etc...

Overall things have been right around seasonal!

Its only November! Not even Met winter yet alone Calendar winter and everyone is acting like it should not be the way it is now!

damn, people are really grasping at straws on this board to try and find some winter weather. i dont think we see snow till january. Not looking at the EPO or the ETA or the FYI, just feeling the warmth and that weird feeling that this is an 01-02 season. which wouldnt be terrible...

It's November. Not mid December.

damn, people are really grasping at straws on this board to try and find some winter weather. i dont think we see snow till january. Not looking at the EPO or the ETA or the FYI, just feeling the warmth and that weird feeling that this is an 01-02 season. which wouldnt be terrible...

Which is why that "feeling" you're having is telling you it won't snow until January.

Which is why that "feeling" you're having is telling you it won't snow until January.

yea. this is the "BS" thread after all isnt it? weight_lift.gif

But seriously, it is november and if it wasnt for the freak october snowstorm, we wouldnt be thinking twice about this warmth. I love snow like the rest of ya'll, but the cold sucks, and it might as well be warm until we get a nice KU...its been nice not wearing jacket.

But i bet we get less than 30 inches this winter, just a "feeling"...

Yeah I think some are expecting an early winter due to that storm, but it was more of an anomaly than anything. I wouldn't be surprised if October had more snow than November and December.

yea. this is the "BS" thread after all isnt it? weight_lift.gif

But seriously, it is november and if it wasnt for the freak october snowstorm, we wouldnt be thinking twice about this warmth. I love snow like the rest of ya'll, but the cold sucks, and it might as well be warm until we get a nice KU...its been nice not wearing jacket.

But i bet we get less than 30 inches this winter, just a "feeling"...

Archived