12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part III

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes this definitely looks like a very warm map..perhaps if you are on the west coast...

That map also does not look very warm...

These 850 mb anomaly temps also look very warm... (perhaps off the west coast)

Its only November..If you want to have a warm pattern NOW is the time that you want to have that warm pattern.

We had a warm november last year before winter...I am sure I am not the only one that remembers how that winter turned out..

Having that snow in OCT was the WORST thing that could have happened weather wise because people NOW expect after that event for it to stay cold.....

^ that's from a transient PNA ridge. As long as that vortex is in AK and the NAO isn't great, we are not going to have any sustained cold/snowy periods.

November 2010 above....

The point is that it is only NOVEMBER! Let it be warm.. If it was december 15th then you might have to start worrying about winter etc..

The things that I would do to see this again..

heightanoms.PNG

Some banter,

I was looking at some of the ensemble images, I’ve saved from the last year, yesterday. From the about Nov. 12th, they started showing this massvive -NAO block working from east to west in the North Atlantic, and they were consistent with it to. There wasn’t such large or strong vortex over Alaska either. Although, the -NAO didn’t take over, until early December, the fact models have been showing the pretty much the opposite happening this November, leads to me think, that it’s going be much slower for the pattern to change completely.

Some banter,

I was looking at some of the ensemble images, I’ve saved from the last year, yesterday. From the about Nov. 12th, they started showing this massvive -NAO block working from east to west in the North Atlantic, and they were consistent with it to. There wasn’t such large or strong vortex over Alaska either. Although, the -NAO didn’t take over, until early December, the fact models have been showing the pretty much the opposite happening this November, leads to me think, that it’s going be much slower for the pattern to change completely.

And last year still took until right after Christmas to get snow. I think the series of early December storms have really skewed our expectations. What's the December average for the city? 4 inches?

Why are people worrying? It's only November and this pattern is not going to last long. Patience my friends.

Ehh not so sure bout that. In a period of extremes we've been in lately, wouldn't be surprised. Patterns have locked in. Just as easily as we had the forcing to sustain a -NAO for the winter of 09-10, we could easily have an extreme +AO/+EPO/ +NAO... Main point, just because the pattern relaxes, doesn't mean it won't go back to how it was before hand.

It's funny how we took a giant leap towards winter in late October and two enormous leaps backwards in November, I'm shocked Thanksgivings only 3 days away, supposed to hit the 60s and rain on Wednesday and 51 on Thanksgiving day. The week after looks even warmer, probably more 60+ temps right before December.

Where are you getting data that shows this non-stop warmth? Is everyone ignoring the sustained cold after the Midwest cutoff low?

Analog, it isnt only this forum that people are worried about this winter. I do not get why people are getting worried. People always seems to cancel winter every November. I bet a lot of people were getting really worried when the area didnt see snow at all until the last week of December. The long range is looking much better and a lot of people should be happy by January 1. Even the conserative Glenn Scwartz is calling for 30-40 inches for Philly.

we have been spoiled the last few years...We can't expect 50" of snow every year...last year winter basicly ended in early February...February and March saw little action...This year might be the opposite with December and January seeing little action and February and March having the most snow chances...I'm hoping for a pattern change down the line...I will not throw in the towel yet but I'm holding it...

I came in here this morning thinking to read some intelligent post from earthlight and all I got was that weenie image from a year ago.

Not good when he is posting maps from last year. Atleast him and the heat posters are getting their torch.....what they wanted....enjoy the torch

we have been spoiled the last few years...We can't expect 50" of snow every year...last year winter basicly ended in early February...February and March saw little action...This year might be the opposite with December and January seeing little action and February and March having the most snow chances...I'm hoping for a pattern change down the line...I will not throw in the towel yet but I'm holding it...

Not what I wanted to read

You know,most of the December's of my youth were snowless..especailly the first thru the 15th..It was usually mild and rainy in the decades of the 70's and 80's..to get even a light snowfall was like pulling teeth..all changed in 2000..spoiled?..without a doubt..I think 2002,2003,and 2009 were rare to have a major snowfall before Christmas..really most winters don't start cracking until Christmas week..because..hey winter begins around then :arrowhead:

Having that snow in OCT was the WORST thing that could have happened weather wise because people NOW expect after that event for it to stay cold.....

By far, the best post on this thread. :thumbsup:

Perception is reality, and that storm certainly created some unwarranted greed for snow lovers along the East coast. Let's let the winter play out before bittercasting about how it will suck.

Archived