Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part III

Alpha5

In LA

All east coast airports are closed down, had a flight sunday into JFK. It costs $500 to switch flights, so I have to let the airline rebook me.

There are no open flights until wednesday

So I'm flying into Chicago tonight.

Then this, all because of a hurricane that wont even be a hurricane by the time it gets to us.

11l5yr6.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloomberg speaking now. Lol at him talking in Spanish

What a disaster

The world ended </sarcasm>.

All kidding aside Bloomberg is trying to make up for his undeserved bad name from the Boxing Day plowing fiasco. Nothing could have kept the streets clean with snow falling at 21 degrees, 2 - 3 inches an hour, blowing at 50 mph.

The world ended </sarcasm>.

All kidding aside Bloomberg is trying to make up for his undeserved bad name from the Boxing Day plowing fiasco. Nothing could have kept the streets clean with snow falling at 21 degrees, 2 - 3 inches an hour, blowing at 50 mph.

you're kidding right? The city has handled it before, that was a hatchet job all the way up and down.

you're kidding right? The city has handled it before, that was a hatchet job all the way up and down.

Do you mean poor job by Bloomberg, or by the press?

You're right that other storms have been handled well. Not all were the day after Christmas either. Also the storms that were remotely similar in terms of fall rate and temperature, January 1996 and January 2005 were much better forecast and not adjacent to a holiday weekend.

The fault for that ultimately falls on NCEP and whatever weather provider the NYC DOT uses. I believe fully they were getting information on the 22nd and 23rd letting them know the threat was basically non-existent when almost all the pro mets on this board were still on their heels regarding them storm coming west. The NWS offices to an extent were hamstrung by NCEP basically ordering them to disregard the GFS and the fact the generally good Euro had been waffling gave everyone little confidence to what was going to happen. Had NCEP not continued to toss the GFS even after a few models began coming westward in the ensuing 2 runs thereafter its possible NYC would have been a bit more ready.

Guest Patrick

bleck.

The cool nights were perfect for taking my four month old twin boys out for a walk. Nah, this wasn't just an excuse to brag about my new babies ;P

I'm glad it's warm out at night again.

Come on guys..Fall is a beautiful season..crisp sunny days..leaves changing and falling..Halloween and Thanksgiving, love it!

haha well i will give you thanksgiving. Its my favorite holiday.

I like the heat for outdoors, and i like the cold for snow. The in between temps get annoying

agreed. Cool,wet,stormy,pools closing,back to school and leaves everywhere. It's a disgusting season

Totally agree, I hate Fall more than I do Winter which says a lot lol. The only thing I like about Fall is Thanksgiving & TV shows/movies around Halloween.

I hate days like today, why is it so cold? I actually closed all the windows, it's a bit too early for that. It's summer.

Totally agree, I hate Fall more than I do Winter which says a lot lol. The only thing I like about Fall is Thanksgiving & TV shows/movies around Halloween.

I hate days like today, why is it so cold? I actually closed all the windows, it's a bit too early for that. It's summer.

Summer ended yesterday.

Archived