Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part III

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strongly agree.

i hope all the people who were rooting for fall during the summer while we were able to sit in our pools and sip a cold beer have to sit through this crap this entire season. it is total garbage.

enjoy your 50 F and cold rain with wet ground and a sunset before you even leave work.

:hurrbear:

Thanks, I will. :thumbsup:

Other than thunderstorms, I generally don't care for summer weather. I'll take 50 F and rainy over 90 F and sunny almost anyday. I love early sunsets too.

Agreed, September doesn't hold much of a temp correlation to the ensuing winter, but Oct does. Good news is the NAO/AO have been predominately positive; if we can keep this going through October, even better.

Yes, positive NAO and below norm in October would be money (need PNA to cooperate). Even if we aren't below temp wise, its better to keep the nao positive through November and then have it go Neg for Dec and stay there.

I also think there is a corelation between +PNA in October and -NAO winters.

Thanks, I will. :thumbsup:

Other than thunderstorms, I generally don't care for summer weather. I'll take 50 F and rainy over 90 F and sunny almost anyday. I love early sunsets too.

You're definitely in the minority there. I hate cold rain but don't mind early sunsets, especially in the snow season as it means better sticking probabilities. :snowman:

That would probably be good for some lake effect showers/graupel for the NY/PA mountains. I remember being in some of these graupel/sleet showers in State College as early as before Oct 10.

This decade alone in Nepa, we have had two early season elevation snowstorms. First one, 0ct 28 2008 and the second one a year later Oct 15-16 2009.

CFS backed away from the really warm January. Feb = :yikes:

usT2mMon.gif

I'm not convinced February will be the warmest of the three months like many have been saying in their forecasts (in fact it could be our coldest month). Much different QBO influence this upcoming cold season, which could mean a more blocky second half of the winter (Feb/mar).

I'm not convinced February will be the warmest of the three months like many have been saying in their forecasts (in fact it could be our coldest month). Much different QBO influence this upcoming cold season, which could mean a more blocky second half of the winter (Feb/mar).

Are these the same people who said last winter would suck?

Frankly I don't take anything the CFS says seriously and even winter outlooks right now are sorta silly too.

Archived