• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RadarScope Now Available for Android

TheWeatherPimp

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Base Velocity has released it's android version of RadarScope. Here's a link. http://www.baseveloc...dex_android.php

I'm a big PYKL3 fan, but it is definitely nice to have some competition.

I have an HTC Thunderbolt and PYKL3 has had some problems on that specific device. It has been very frustrating to use. I am so thankful for RadarScope. (I love it on my iPod and iPad 2!)

I haven't been able to locate a trial version so far. As badly as I wanted this program on Android when I bought my phone a year ago, PYKL3 has almost caught up (and should even surpass in some areas with 2.1), and I'm probably not willing to fork over the $10 unless they provide me with the ability to try before I buy and see what compelling advantages it offers.

is this worth the $9.99?

Yes.

I haven't been able to locate a trial version so far. As badly as I wanted this program on Android when I bought my phone a year ago, PYKL3 has almost caught up, and I'm probably not willing to fork over the $10 unless they provide me with the ability to try before I buy and see what compelling advantages it offers.

As with all Android software, you have 3 (?) days to request a refund?

I have an HTC Thunderbolt and PYKL3 has had some problems on that specific device. It has been very frustrating to use. I am so thankful for RadarScope. (I love it on my iPod and iPad 2!)

Are you a beta tester? I have zero Thunderbolt problems with the current beta version. ;)

• 3 months later...

Interesting. When I search for RadarScope in Android Market with my phone it can't find it no matter what I type. Yet if I get on the computer and go to the Android Market it shows up. WTF.

Not to be zombie-raising, but I ran into that myself earlier tonight. Searching on "RadarScope" "Radar Scope" and variations of the company name kept returning nothing-found or a few applications that matched on Base Velocity as a feature and not as the company name (grrrrr a nice Advanced Search that let me specify Base Velocity as the publisher would have been nice there).

A bit of research showed that Android Market App *does* filter search results sometimes - buried in their Help/Problems is a snippet of info that, paraphrased, is "Sometimes we don't show results found if your phone is not the right model or running the right version of the OS".

Unfortunately, the Marketplace App appears to filter in the worst possible way, by saying that application doesn't exist. Instead of something more useful and accurate a la "we found this app but your phone's not running Android 2.2 or higher so the developer doesn't want you to download it".

That would haved saved me a couple of hours of frustration and research (it doesn't help that my Motorola CLIQ makes it very difficult to do anything with Android or find out what Android you're running. Mine keeps saying it's up to date when I check System Updates, yet I'm several releases behind on Android because System-Update-Check doesn't look for that, it appears to be looking only for the T-Mobile/Motorola-specific stuff)

So my suggestion would be, if you're still having trouble, go to the application page in your regular browser and poke around until you find out what it's compatible with, and then check your phone against those criteria. It may or may not be the cause of why you can't find it. I could be completely wrong. I'm just assuming that's why I can't find it on the phone but can on the PC, since my phone definitely doesn't meet the OS-version-Requirement. Android Marketplace flunks the userfriendly-useful test where that's concerned ... grrrr ...

• 1 month later...

Archived