e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
lrene's Heavy Rain Impacts in PHL 8/29 - 8/31

ptb127

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very concerned about flooding here in New Brunswick. Not really sure how it can work in this area... freshwater flooding from rainfall coming down the Raritan with some amount of surge coming up the river? I don't even know... (assuming this pans out as modeled).

There was a lot of flooding in New Brunswick from Floyd.

The state of Delaware's Emergency Management Agency issued this statement:

"With the first hurricane of the season predicted to track up the Atlantic Coast, Delaware emergency management officials are urging the public to take this storm very seriously. Even though it is too early to accurately predict the strength and exact path of Irene by the time it reaches the Delmarva area, everyone is encouraged to be prepared for disruptive weather. Delaware Emergency Management Agency Director Jamie Turner urges everyone to use this time to review their household emergency plan and to check emergency supplies. He said it is very important for the public to also monitor the weather and be aware of pending effects of a storm well in advance in order to plan and act safely. “Have a plan, get a kit and stay informed,” Turner said. “We want everyone to have food and water for at least three days, batteries for lights and radios and a means of charging cell phones. Remember that part of your emergency plan is to have a destination in mind if you have to evacuate. If officials instruct you to evacuate, please do it.” Additional things to consider in planning for an emergency include food and medications for those that might have special dietary or pharmaceutical needs and/or appropriate equipment for family members who might use assistive technology. Families also need to remember the needs of pets and stock adequate food and supplies as well as appropriate carriers or restraints should evacuation be required."

The statement goes on and can be found at: Delaware Hurricane Preparedness

Absoultely agee and will be getting my co-workers alerted on the seriousness of the situation. I'll definitely be foward that briefing you guys produce. Thats awesome your office provides that on the website. Very concise and right to the point..

I think its safe to say, getting sleep the next several days just went out the window..

I got more uncomfortable in my chair when I looked at the 00z GFS 925 mb winds.

Archived